Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010856.jpg


P1010813.jpg


DSCN5647.jpg
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Mon 11/25/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


765_WalnutSt7E2_zpsc7f8f1b6.png


pouring_coffee1-Copy.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 21 to 32 degrees with partly cloudy skies. Winds will remain steady around 12 miles per hour from the south. No precipitation is expected.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 


Good morning. It's clear for now and 17 degrees.
Expecting two inches+ of rain tomorrow.

Hiya gang!
Its 30 here, going to 36 and clear. We get the precip tomorrow too, as rain & freezing rain. :p

Soon off to the DMV to do battle. Years ago, when I got divorced, the ex signed the title to my car, and I signed to hers, as part of the agreement. I kinda forgot about it til last Friday, when I went to renew my tags. Seems my ex has let her insurance lapse, which flagged my title since her name was still on it. So off the the DMV I got, with title, registration, insurance info and the divorce decree in hand, to try and get it straight.:( I went to the local branch Friday, no luck. They referred me to HQ just outside of Baltimore.....oh joy..oh bliss.

I can see the headlines now. Country boy starts riot at the DMV. :rolleyes:
 
I can picture the headlines in the Sun as I read this :confused:. We simply changed insurance carriers, and had to take a ride to Glen Burnie to explain myself. At least MD notifies you, in NJ they just suspend your license and registration(s). Good luck, Karl!

Joe
 
Good morning. Cold and wet here. 34° with 100% humidity. A high of 41° that will feel like 36°. And it's raining.
44a1a726-f0d2-4c47-b045-21a6cd26c7da.jpg
with
cond100.jpg
and tonight
cond80.jpg


It rained most of the night and is still raining and looks like it'll rain all day and through the night. Did I mention it's raining?

Today I'll see if I can get Oliver started on the old passenger car and program in some obstacles for him to overcome while he tries to get to the front of the train. He's already tried pulling the emergency stop cable. Somebody disconnected it. Isn't that lovely?

DSCN0252.jpg


DSCN0239.jpg


600-0037.jpg
 
Good Morning.

It was 17° this morning, according to my outdoor thermometer. The Jersey forecast calls for a high of 38° today, Snow/Sleet to Rain tomorrow, and Wednesday, with some Snow and ice Wednesday :(.

I have a parts and material box due for delivery today, assuming my letter carrier is in the mood to leave his nice warm truck, and walk up to my front door. I'm also attempting a different technique for forming an entire 180° curved section for my layout, on the basement floor, using Fast Tracks forms, doing the soldering and all there, then lifting the entire assembly to the layout, (with the wife's assistance). it's either going to work fine, or result in a complete disaster. I'm using new and recycled Atlas Flex on this particular loop, My technique when I am using Micro Engineering flex is different. I'm trying to avoid the pitfalls I encountered when I replaced the track on the reverse loop.

For sure, the next layout will NOT be built on a Foam only base, supported by dimensional lumber. A foam/plywood laminate, with bench work cut from ¾" plywood will require more work, but may avoid the effects of dimensional birchwood in a basement.

Busy morning instore for us, as we make the rounds of the crafts stores, (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and AC Moore), in search of the right knitting needles. We also have side trips planned for the local Big Box Warehouse, Home center and Super Market. By then, I'll be ready for a nap:o.

Have a good, safe and blessed day!

Joe
 
Good morning gang,

I've been reading the weather headlines myself - not just for central MD, but for southwestern PA and eastern OHIO as well. My 2 kids will be driving home from college for Thxgiving and a winter storm is suppose to hit the entire region tomorrow, so I'm a bit concerned, natch! At least they will be on the PA Turnpike, and I think PennDOT has the equipment and experience to tackle snow and freezing rain...unlike some of the states further south that are not accustomed to it. One can only hope.

In other news: I spent most of the weekend -- at least the time I wasn't doing "Dads taxi service" duty for my 15yr-old daughter -- scratchbuilding the front and rear door panels to go with the remnants of the Walthers Coke Oven kit I inherited. Not that complex, but several hundred itty-bitty pieces that needed to be cut (vi my NWSL "chopper") and cemented in place. They're almost finished, the only thing left is for me to cut and apply 72 door latches. If I can somehow manage to find 2 hours of 'uncommitted' time this evening...
 
So much for my plans today. My primary doctor called. He's moved my Wednesday appointment up to today! Pretty much screws up my plans for working on Oliver's adventure. At least I got one thing done. My Apple //e is set up to boot from slot 7. I'm working on Oliver's adventure (Native Fury) from slot 6 (default for the program) meaning I'd have to re-designate the slot from the keyboard via a DOS command such as 'CATALOG,S6,D1' or 'LOAD <filename>,S6,D1' or enter a PR#6 command to reboot the system from slot 6. I run the 'System Master' disk utilities from slot 7. So I wrote a new subroutine into the memory lookup program (displays how much memory a computer has). I then assigned that program as the boot program for that disk. This new subroutine displays the current slot and drive number. In this case S7, D1. The slot displayed is where that drives interface card is plugged in. If the program was booted from slot 6 it skips the subroutine and ends. If it booted from any other slot (2, 5 or 7) it then asks me if I want to reboot from slot 6. A simple 'Y' or 'N' is all that's needed. If 'N' then the program ends and the computer is happy to stay on it's currently assigned slot. If 'Y' it then reboots from slot 6. This also has to be done if I'm going to be using CP/M as the CP/M card will only recognize slot 6. I have other programs that also require that they be run from slot 6. Starfleet1 is one of those. Native Fury requires slot 6 because that's where it looks for it's program segments by default.
 
I hear you, Ken: My son was planning on driving up from Tidewater VA, but he ended up having to remain in VA, so he is spared the drive, and we the anxiety.

I got lucky today, the wife found the knitting needles she was looking for at the first stop (Michael's). That eliminated the planned stops at the other two craft emporiums.
but the Warehouse store was nutzo!!!!!! After we finished there, we had to stop at a supermarket to finish up. Needless to say, that was quite a day. At least we are set for Thanksgiving Dinner. I'll get the table wine tomorrow. The package from Micro Mark arrived as expected. Enough to keep me busy for the rest of the week.

Joe
 


Well it's been raining all day. Indications are that it's gonna rain all night. 100% chance of rain tonight and 80% all day tomorrow. Got the doc appointment out of the way. My father dropped me off at the docs office and he and my step mother went to Wal-Mart and Lowe's. When they finished they came back and waited for me to come out of the docs office and we all went next door to Fox's Pizza Den. Didn't get home until about 5:30 and the last thing I felt like doing was working on a computer program. So I didn't. Oliver gets a break today. Did I mention it's raining?
 
Well it's been a busy, not to mention rainy day. I got a good upper body workout from the walker and I'm tired. It's time to call it a day. See y'all tomorrow. Did i mention it was a rainy day? We even got a little hail.

DSCN0194.jpg


DSCN0104.jpg


DSCN5652.jpg
 
Tootnkumin .... Thanks for commenting. Reggie saves everything.

Ken in Maryland ..... Sounds like a tedious job with the coke oven. Also,I know what you mean about other pole planning our time for us. Hope traveling is safe for your kids.

My model railroad friend (Reggie) and his wife were here for the weekend and went home today. Nice visit.

Here are two trains meeting on my layout. Both GN and NP have running rights on my Heartland Division of CB&Q. Last week, I installed the decoders on the NP F7A's (F3B is non-powered.).

GNGP7sNPFs_zps260d7926.jpg
 
Well it's been a busy, not to mention rainy day. I got a good upper body workout from the walker and I'm tired. It's time to call it a day. See y'all tomorrow. Did i mention it was a rainy day? We even got a little hail.

Yo:

I guess it was rainin in Louisianan, eh? It's supposed to rain like that in Jersey tomorrow. They are predicting 2-3" of the wet stuff, then an accumulation of Snow on Wednesday. But, it will all clear, and the winds will diminish, in time for the launch of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. The balloons, including Snoopy may not fly because of the wind, but the Macy's Parade will go on!

If everything goes right, tomorrow, I will get up on the roof tomorrow morning, to clear the gutter of leaves and debris, before it rains...If the rain and wind arrive early, It will wait until next week.

The *@$!^%* NJ Devils lost to Winnipeg @ the Rock tonight. I know the Devils ain't got the best talent, but losing to Winnipeg, - used to be Atlanta - upsets me!

If everything works out, and the Moon is in the Third house on Delancy St. (Newark), I will have my railroad, back running by Saturday Night. If it doesn't, it's back to the work shop until it's done right.

Have a nice Thanksgiving. We all have a lot to be thankful for. As the man said, "It could be worse". so be thankful and enjoy!

Joe
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tue 11/26/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


FTWAYNE_EBTRAIN.png


COFFEE_CREME1.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 27 to 39 degrees with cloudy skies. Winds will range between 3 and 14 miles per hour from the west.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 
Good morning campers!

Good morning. It's raining and 30 degrees.
Cold here too, but dry for the moment. Supposed to start here around 10 as freezing rain and rain, then temps are supposed to creep up to 36 by 4 when it stops.
Yesterdays trip to the DMV was pointless, still having a tag issue involving the Ex, & no insurance since August. Guess who gets to cut a check for her insurance? :mad: Otherwise, I can't get my title released, even though I have a court order saying the car is legally mine. :mad: I had always been told that once you sign the back of the title, the title is like a bearer bond, whoever has the title owns the car. Evidently no so. As soon as she gets a policy, I'm getting the forms changed!!
And so goes another chapter in the book "Living with an idiot, the hazards of having an Ex-wife." :rolleyes:
 
Good morning campers!


Cold here too, but dry for the moment. Supposed to start here around 10 as freezing rain and rain, then temps are supposed to creep up to 36 by 4 when it stops.
Yesterdays trip to the DMV was pointless, still having a tag issue involving the Ex, & no insurance since August. Guess who gets to cut a check for her insurance? :mad: Otherwise, I can't get my title released, even though I have a court order saying the car is legally mine. :mad: I had always been told that once you sign the back of the title, the title is like a bearer bond, whoever has the title owns the car. Evidently no so. As soon as she gets a policy, I'm getting the forms changed!!
And so goes another chapter in the book "Living with an idiot, the hazards of having an Ex-wife." :rolleyes:
Karl, I feel your pain. Occasionally the IRS still tries to keep my income tax refund because of a student loan my ex defaulted on when she was married to another guy and I was still in high school. And I've been divorced for nearly twenty years...
 
Good Morning:

It's still below freezing here, but the temperature is rising, and around 3PM, it's supposed to get very wet and rather warm. Happily, we finished our errands yesterday.

Karl, sorry to hear that, your visit to the esteemed DMV was a waste of time, I don't get the part where you have to insure her, though?

Stay dry!

Joe
 


I don't get the part where you have to insure her, though?

Joe

I'm not insuring her really, I'm just deducting the amount from the monthly support check (only 6 more to go!!Yeah!), she wont get paid til after the 1st, too late for my tags.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top