Coffee Shop XXXIX-9/21/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning:

37° and sunny this morning in Central NJ. My wife wants me to accompany her to one of the local malls so that's whats on the agenda.

I slept in this morning, and I'm already tired. The left knee is also throbbing so it's going to be one of those days.........

Enjoy the day

Joe
 
Good morning. It's 46° with 67% humidity. The high will be 68° and feel like 71° with some clouds.
cond026.gif


Maybe today I can get Oliver through the rest of the coach and into the next Kings Port and Western coach with further incident or maybe I'll throw another surprise or two at him first.

Nothing else going on here today that I know of. Seems like it's too quiet.

DSCN0238-1.jpg


P1011323-1.jpg


P1011294.jpg
 
Good afternoon.
I called Athearn just now, and they want the old motor back. When they get it, they'll send out a replacement. I will be disassembling the engine again tonight, so I can send the motor out tomorrow.
 


Good afternoon.
I called Athearn just now, and they want the old motor back. When they get it, they'll send out a replacement. I will be disassembling the engine again tonight, so I can send the motor out tomorrow.
oughta take you a whole 10 minutes or so!:rolleyes:
 
I'll be surprised if it takes more than seven minutes.

*

Well Oliver has made it through the coach and is in the walkway between it and the next coach. What dangers await him.

I had shrimp etouffee today. It had the wrong variety of rice (my opinion) but it was still good.
 
Good afternoon all,

It's cool and cloudy here and threatening to rain again, I had rain last night/early this morning. Lets see what W{V}underground Weather says?
It's 59.9 °F and quite cloudy, the Hum-idity is 65% with a chance of rain, [very likely I'd say] going for a low of 42 °F tonight. I got back from grocery shopping and getting the car unloaded last night around 9:00 just in time before it started to rain so I felt lucky. I got both cats in the back porch too which was also good.


On the layout front I did drill 8 pair of holes for track power feeders and that's what I'm going to do tonight as well as test run a couple of loco's and cars back and forth to ensure everything is Ok? I already know that I need to open up a guard rail I added that is too tight so that's an additional thing.

If anybodies interested go to a site, http://s145079212.onlinehome.us/rr/howto/faq/faq_turnouts.htm, which explains all about the inner workings of a turnout.

Hope all have a good evening.
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Thu 11/21/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


COFFEE_CREME1.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 41 to 48 degrees with cloudy skies. Winds will range between 9 and 13 miles per hour from the south.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 


Good Morning:

It's sunny and 41° right now at the Jersey Shore. Expected high temp today will be around 50° - Nice!

Survived the mall trip yesterday, today da boss wants to drive over to the "Outlets" I get to walk around rather than sitting on my butt.

Enjoy the day.

Joe
 
I get to walk around rather than sitting on my butt.

I think I'd enjoy being able to walk around for a change. Being confined to a chair is inconvenient at times and sitting all the time has it's problems.

*

Good morning. It's 60° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. The high will be 75°.
condmc-1.jpg
with
cond50.jpg


Got online late last night and quickly discovered the Model railroader forums have been upgraded - again. Just as I was comfortable with their old setup they throw in this new curve ball. So far it looks like about half the stuff on it doesn't work properly or not at all. Some of the features like spell check, preview and a couple others aren't working from what I can see. I haven't had a chance to wade through it all yet so I'm sure there's more to find.

I may work on Oliver's layout adventure later. That depends on the weather. Looks like a good possibility of thunderstorms today. No other plans - so far.

DSCN0420.jpg

Now that's some serious community service!

P1011217.jpg


P1011224.jpg
 
I think I'd enjoy being able to walk around for a change. Being confined to a chair is inconvenient at times and sitting all the time has it's problems.

*

Just a matter of time, Jeffrey. Once the finished "foot" is fitted and you become accustomed to it, You will be getting around much better than you did before your surgery.

If I move around, my left knee throbs in spite of pain killers, If I don't walk around, it locks up and really hurts.

Joe
 
Good afternoon all,
It's now 2:34 Pm and half way decent out, the inside temp on the back porch says it's 60 °F so the outside should be about 50 °F which feels about right as I just came in from checking on my two cats as I heard a comotion out back and it's rather chily with large Cumulus Clouds still around. Last night and early this morning it rained rather hard at times and the Weather service rain gauge read 1.29" or precept
Lets see what WW says, 52.6 °F with a Hum-idity or 88% and going for a low of 43 °F tonight, but it was a lot wetter and cooler earlier.


On the RR scene:
I going to get the new curved turnouts and track I laid electrified so I can operate over it to ensure everything functions as expected.


Say Jeffrey: I'm sure being chair bound gets real old plus there the chance of pressure sores if you stay in one position too long. Lets hope your leg and foot arrives soon.


Hope everyone has an enjoyable day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get a chance to do anything with Oliver's adventure today. Part of my free time was used making copies of three Zork disks then I sent the originals back to their owner. I wasn't going to take a chance on having the //e running too long. There were some pretty serious dips in the power today and I didn't want one of those to damage the regulator in the power supply or damage the ROM or the Processor chips. I'm calling it a night a bit early. Didn't sleep well last night so I'm pretty tired tonight.

See y'all tomorrow.

P1011216.jpg


P1011192.jpg


P1011174.jpg
 
Howdy .....

It was sunny and 68F here today. Very good.

I'm getting the layout ready for weekend operations. My model railroad friend from Illinois and his wife will be visiting over the weekend.

Jeff .... I also hope you will have your new foot soon and it works well for you. I bet you are anxious to get back to your layout.
 
Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Fri 11/22/13

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


POUR_COFFEEa-Copy.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Temperatures will range from 46 to 37 degrees with cloudy skies. Winds will range between 8 and 14 miles per hour from the northwest.


2mfc7lu.jpg
 
Good Morning Guys! Happy Friday!

While it's mild, it's a gray and dreary, a typical "winter" morning here in Jersey. The "weather" is supposed to change around midnight, getting cold again. Not much going on right now.

Have a great day.

Joe
 
Good morning everybody. .... Weather was nice yesterday but not today. It's raining and getting cold.

My good model train friend from Illinois will be visiting here over the weekend. Reggie, the model railroader, is the name sake for my scrap yard (Reggie's Junk Yard).

Reggiesjunkyardvehicles_zps7aafcbad.jpg
 


Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity. The high will be 72° and feel like 77°.
cond006.gif
cond80.jpg


Looks like it's gonna be a wet one today. Rain showers are expected to continue on through to Tuesday night. Temps during that time will hit freezing only once, Sunday night.

I intend to work on Oliver's adventure some more today. I have a bit more unpleasantness planned for him.

No other plans.

P1011157.jpg


P1011101.jpg


P1010954.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top