Good early morning, everyone.
Ken, that looks terrible in the picture but, believe it or not, I've seen worse.

The dislocation had to hurt more than the fractures. I'm sure they loaded her up with plenty of dilaudid before they did the reduction. I hope you didn't watch. It's pretty brutal but over in a few seconds with a good orthopod. At least it was a simple fracture and not compound. The operations to screw things back together won't be fun but patients usually recover well from it. I hope it all goes well for her.
Phillip, sorry to hear you've been sick and hope you're feeling better. You must be feeling a little better to go to a train show.

If you want to move up into the 50's and not lose steam, the NKP is the perfect prototype. Lots of first generation diesels and plenty of mainline steam until the early 60's.
Rex, I have a Westinghouse 22" LCD monitor. My Vista laptop works fine with it. The monitor apparently reads the input, does a couple of auto adjusts, and everything fills the screen fine. They are pretty inexpensive if you can find one and it's been reliable for me. It's way better than my old CRT. You'll be surprised at how much more detail you can see on the pics that get posted here.
Corey, I guess we'll see how the Vikings do in the playoff game. So far, so good. Man, it's cold here, but -20 is way too cold for me to stand. I don't know how you do it.
Jeffrey, I still think you'd save money by just getting a new $300 tower with more memory and a bigger hard drive.
Steve, now you know one of the reason I never became a firefighter. I always had a nice warm patrol car to sit in
David, not only did you spell
Flo's name wrong, you forgot that Sandy, an actual female, is a frequent visitor. You're in big trouble.
Man, that Boise-TCU game was great. I was rooting for Boise, since I think they've been an underrated team for the past three years. The fake punt was fantastic. Boise now joins the Ohio State team of 2002 as the only team to win 14 games in a season. Of course, that will change again Thursday, one way or the other. Still, I hope Boise gets treated as serious BCS contenders next season instead of like a bunch of country bumpkins.
Had to take down the tree and all the decorations today. What a pain. I think next year I'm going to get a 3 foot tree and put it up somewhere that the cats can't get at it. They had torn up most of the bottom of the tree, including carting off some ornaments we still haven't found.
You can forget global warming for now. It's 20 degrees right now after a fabulous high of 38. This isn't even bad compared to what's coming Friday and into the weekend. Rex, I think my snow forecast is going to pan out this time. My big concern is that Alabama usually gets the heaviest snow when the air temperature is between 31 and 35. It looks like we'll get enough modification of this air mass from Gulf air on Wednesday night to bring our air temperatures into the upper 30's. That means the storm will start as rain. With supercooled surfaces, it will turn to ice immediately. It should cool down enough by mid-afternoon Thursday to turn it to all snow and then it looks like at least eight of hours of snow on tap. Probably about two inches down here and around six inches up by Birmingham. All this snow will fall on top of the ice and we won't see a temperature above freezing until Monday, so the snow and ice won't do their usual one-day melt-off. This could be a real historic storm for Alabama if everything comes together right. Friday and Saturday night will be the worst. I don't think we'll see actual lows below 10 degrees but we will have windchill factors of zero or below. I'm just hoping we don't lose power, since the heat pump's electric heat strip will have a hard enough time keeping the house above 60. The RV's propane tanks is full so that will be our alternative if it gets really bad, since the furnace will keep it tolerably warm and we'll have power to run the microwave and TV to find out what's happening. Jeez, this not what I expected when I moved to Alabama.
