Evening gang,
I know I haven't been here much lately but that's because I've been
awfully busy in the trainroom. I had to replace yet another two turnouts that were ruined by a botched ballasting attempt of 7 years ago, I just never realized the extent of the damage until I tried running trains over them (chronic derailments). The layout looks like a construction zone again, but now I believe I'm on the home stretch - I just need to paint the ground-out areas, wipe all the dust off the tracks, and replace/reassemble some of the large structures that I had to remove temporarily - then I'm back to running trains!
Steve and Jos, that's a real shame about those storms ripping thru your corner of the globe. I always associate that type of weather with Florida and the Gulf states,
never with Western Europe! Hope you guys will get thru it all OK...
Texas Paul, I guess this icy weather is quite a contrast from the typical heat and drought conditions you normally have. Well at least you have a valid reason to 'work' indoors now...

Looking forward to seeing the pix of your corrugated metal technique!
Ray and Buffalo-Paul, I'm getting those same winds that you guys have, but without the precip (counting my blessings).
NZ-Ken, I'm sure that gigantic lawn is something you will NOT miss after you move! I've got a big one too and it used to really interfere with my "training" time - until my teenaged son took over the mowing chores!
Jeff, I shall look forward to whatever breakfast feast you plan to serve in the morning with your weather report.
Hmmm...haven't seen any of the 'Bama Boys in here recently, where are y'all hiding?
G'night all!