Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


:) Good Morning everyone! Brrrrr! It sure is cold around the country, even here.

Ray: Better throw an extra log on the fire. Glad your celebration went well, politicians and all.

PaulB: You need to stock up on some of that Texas Hot Sauce and take a swig every now an then. You guys are in one heck of a chill.

NZKen: I am so sorry about your house. You and Jan seemed so happy there, but as already said, soon you will find another that you will love just as much and the hurt will only be a faint memory.

Jos: Ha! Ha! Yes, I could audition for Bill Dance's fishing videos after that trip.

Jeffrey: Excellent! That really looks good. I have a section that I am using printed backgrounds on foam board, but, so-far I have only used "store bought" from Scenic Express. I have a CD that a fellow from across the street sent me that is loaded with actual photos for printouts complete with sizing instructions. Seeing your work has inspired me to get started with them and see what happens. Thanks for all the info.;)
 
Mornin' gang! The cold front that is afflicting the rest of the continent is slamming into Maryland with a vengeance, glad I dressed adequately for it (gotta love that weather.com site!)

Angel - Sorry to hear about the derailments; what happened, were you showing your trains to a visitor from out-of-town? (That's the #1 cause of derailments on my pike)

Rex - Looks like you have a golden opportunity for a post-retirement career!:D What I'd really love to see though, is a collection of bloopers from the Allan Keller video series.

Buffalo Paul - We'll keep you in our prayers, I agree that you ought to get a 2nd opinion
 
no I'm talking about the 1:1 scale, BNSF had a derailment early this morning in Long Beach, and there wa also a flaming derailment in Ky. but my Pike is having it's own problems as in Locomotives striped but no money for paint, what can you do
 


Morning everyone,

here in Salem, OR we have freezing rain and snow. My son says it was only 29 degrees in San Diego yesterday. The whole country is freezing.

I think I'll have cream of wheat and fruit this morning.
 
evening all,
Paul that news about the man must have come as an awfull shock to everyone, at least they got him
Ken m so sorry to hear about the house sale, let's just hope and pray it work's out to your advantage,,, BTW the electric gates will impress any buyers, stick a few extra $$$ on for that

got to go,
TTFN
 
It's going to take more then hot sauce to get me warm. It is getting really cold here. I think that we hit the high this morning early.
KenNZ: I'm sorry to hear about your forced exodus. I'm glade that it's wasn't something like a fire though. When I saw one of the gang give you his sorrys I thought that that's what had happened. I'm sure that there is a place out there waiting for you.
Well I'd better get back to work. I'll see you all later.
 
Lunchtime! I guess I'll have the burrito today.

burrito.jpg
 
Hi All, It's a nice crisp day a bit of sunshine and 19 degrees . Hope all is well with everyone, Just got some boxcars in the mail from Ebay really happy with them will post pictures after, Jeffrey really nice background work. I need to put some sky and clouds in and maybe a mountain or two. Well you all take care and seeyou later !!!
 


looking nice today Ken
9.09am NZ time
16-01-0720.jpg


Brrrrrrrrrrrr look's a bit cold your way gent's
northamerica.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. My back is stiff as a board this morning. I guess I pulled a muscle in it yesterday. If that's all it is, I'm lucky. I took a pretty hard fall.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/17/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 25°F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 23°F

So Far Today
High: 32°F
Low: 31°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph NNE

High: 43 °F
Low: 30 °F

Important Message!

Winter weather advisory in effect until noon cst today.

Today High: 35 Mostly cloudy. Intermittent light freezing rain or light sleet in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. No sleet accumulation. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 35 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have the bacon and eggs this morning.

bacon.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey! That Bacon and Eggs looks like a winner, but I'll have to stick with the old phart high fiber stuff. Gotta keep my cholesterol levels in check so I save that for Sunday morning. Sorry to hear you took a spill! I slipped on the ice last Sunday but didn't fall. I still had a pulled muscle in my back for a couple days. One gentleman that attends the MLK service every year (A well known local Black Artist) fell outside his home on the ice, got up brushed himself and kept right on going. Said that other than a couple bruises he felt fine. BTW he is 93 years old....When I grow up I want to be just like him. Mind is clear, still has a great sense of humor, and was not happy when I tried to gentle him out of carrying and setting up tables for the dinner.
 
Ray:High cholesterol is one thing I don't have to worry about. My bad cholesterol level is 71 while the good is 87. My blood pressure and blood sugar are what give me fits.
 
Ray:High cholesterol is one thing I don't have to worry about. My bad cholesterol level is 71 while the good is 87. My blood pressure and blood sugar are what give me fits.

Great numbers Jeff! I have to watch blood sugar (diet) and take some little pills for the blood pressure. A couple of years ago I told my Doctor that if I had known I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself. He said but your only 58...... I said, "see what I mean!";) :D
 
Hi All, Jeff sorry about the spill. A few years ago I fell on the ice and broke my right wrist . the darn thnig got arthritis in it and gives me fits at times. Gee Ray I feel like a child compared to you I'm only 56 and the Lord did not Bless me with great health either. It was a genetic thing to start so I got to blame it on my parents . Oh well. It's nice and sunny out here but boy sure is cold only 21 qith a high of 27 . I just feel sorry about the California Farmers or growers looks like our citrus is going up again. You all have a nice rest of the day !!!
 


look's like we are in for some arctic weather, tommorow we get wind's upto 80 mph with rain, sleet and maybe snow,,, and freezing temp's. i ran round the building today at work on a forklift for a propane bottle, it's just under a mile round and i was blue upon my return, Brrrr.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top