Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mornin', Bill!

Mornin', Luc!

Mornin', CJ, Mornin', Jeff! (Hope I didn't miss anybody...)

Flo, I'm gonna be bad today and start the day with some of that French Toast, yep with bacon, and keep the coffee coming.

Jeffrey, that sky is excellent! The lessons must have paid off. CJ, hope your going to post a how to thread on those turnout machines.

It's a gray 22°F here in the Finger Lakes this morning. "We're havin' a heat wave, Tropical heat wave" Got do some banking, drop off a major pile of stuff at the local Schools from the MLK Art and Poetry contest, then I might actually get to do a few minutes work on the railroad.

Later!
 
Mornin', Bill!


CJ, hope your going to post a how to thread on those turnout machines.


Later!

I'll be doing just that if I can get this idea to work. Going out the door, as soon as I have me another cup of java, to line up some materials for the project!:)
 
Afternoon Gang: Just a quick stop and I have to get out and plant the cedar trees that we dug up at our sons ranch yesterday.
Cjcresent: I've been useing double pole single throw slide switches to throw my turnouts. I drill a hole in the slide switches button and insert a 1/16 piano wire. This I run through the edge of the layout. I drill a hole near the points and insert a piece of 1/16 brass tube. This acts as a guide for a piece of piano wire. The top of the piano wire is bent to fit to the turnouts through rod. After the wire is inserted into the tube I bend it and put a small loop in the end. I bed the wire from the dpst switch and insert the wire into the loop. The dpst switch is mounted in a wood bracket on the edge of the bench work. If you want you cansend me your E-mail address and I can send you some pictures. Mine is [email protected].
Well I've got to go and get to work. I'll see you all later.
 


Evening all,,,
Jeffery It's a bit of Lanky twang,,,most definatly not cocknead:eek: ;) :eek: if you said that to a Wiganer you'd be in for a leather and wood kiss:D
 
Ok Steve, I know who a Cockney and a Wiganer are, but you got me on the Lanky. Lancashire??:confused:

I have been meaning to ask you if Lankro Chemicals is located in your area. I worked for a company that made herbicides in the 70's that was half owned and engineered by them. We had all English engineers working with us for the first year. Good bunch of guys, but typical engineers and always right:D .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening all,,,
Jeffery It's a bit of Lanky twang,,,most definatly not cocknead:eek: ;) :eek: if you said that to a Wiganer you'd be in for a leather and wood kiss:D
I hear that! I lived in the county of Kent, Rochester to be exact. That was only for a short time though, about two months, but that was thirty years ago. From there, it was on to Germany, where I stayed for three years. I have to say, England has some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen. I wouldn't mind being able to see it again.
 
Hi all, Another balmy day in beautiful Buffalo, 20 degrees and a bit of snow. Hey Larry we have a law in New York no cell phones while your driving and you know I think the seatbelt law is enforced better then that one. Well hope everyone has a wonderful rest of day !!
 
I almost always have my hands free hooked to the cell phone while in the car and rarely make any calls while driving. If I do make a call it is with the one touch option so I am able to keep my eyes on the other idiots around me.
 
Afternoon Gang: Just a quick stop and I have to get out and plant the cedar trees that we dug up at our sons ranch yesterday.
Cjcresent: I've been useing double pole single throw slide switches to throw my turnouts.

I have a few turnouts rigged that way and they do work very well. Trouble is that these turnouts are at a far greater distance from the edge of the layout than can be reached easily, without walking to the outside of the layout. In the middle of an operating session, removing the "gate" to get to the outside is not an option.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


01-23-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 


MMMMmmmmmmm, :D donuts.

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone. Off to work for me. Gotta make very little money to buy even fewer trains.;)
 
Morning Gang:
CJ: Could you run the connecting rod to a location that you could get at it easyer? If it's along run you may have to use a stiffer rod. Just a thought. I've even run through a couple of bell cranks. Most of the time I can just curve the rod to the place I need to get to.
Have a great day everyone and I'll see you all later. It's time to punch in now. Just 10 more days (that's 8 working days), but who's counting?
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/23/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 37°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 35°F

So Far Today
High: 43°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NNE

High: 50 °F
Low: 39 °F

Today High: 50 Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs around 50. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 40 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows around 40. Light and variable winds.

Bacon and eggs for me today if you plaese.

bacon.jpg
 
good afternoon All,

Paul:
but who's counting?

I am sir!!: eight.....seven.....six........five...... four......three.......two........one!

:D :D :D ;) Jos, who has still a long way to go.....
Hope it doesn't bring bad luck when I wish you sir already a very quiet and healthy retirement!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everybody!

Paul, you are going to LOVE retirement. I know you have enough to keep you busy. All your friends will wonder why you have that big grin on your face all the time. I love being retired. Every time I go over to the school, I hear about all the crap going on and thank God that I am retired. The latest is the principal wants me to help her with ideas on how to get more English into the day without in effect losing the Music Program. (I guess I have become infamous........) Enjoy it sir!
 
evening all,
Rex You hit the nail on the head, Lanky is short for Lancashire, we have a very strong local accent, it's amazing how many local accents there are in the UK, way to many to mention here.

retirement huh, i got 25 years to go yet, maybe 30 if the government get there way and make everyone work till 70.

Jeffery i don't have any Kent photo's but here are some Cumbria photo's from last summer
P6100217.jpg

P6100212.jpg


and a quick one from just down the road from me ( there was a giant cell phone booster station in the picture which i got rid of with my first go with photoshop)
redone6233.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning All! Hope everyone is warm and dry today. Cool and overcast in Birmingham today.

CJ: If you had come to SER-Steel City Division meeting last Thursday, you would have learned 2 different ways to hook up your turnouts. Sam Fell's clinic was exactly what you are looking for. He used a DPDT switch with a RC plane linkage and cable. Control knob could be 3' from the turnout and doesn't have to run in a straight line.

Maybe you will quit being anti-social for a while! LOL :p

Glenn
 


Afternoon All ! Steve that is one nice view of Mount St. Helens. Paul It's getting exciting now .Days are getting longer and your retirement will soon be here. It's cold and snowing outside. we're suppose to get 1-3 inches. Just a little dusting here. but come thursday Our high is going to be 12 now that is a bit colder. Cj that piano wire really works well for turnouts I've seen it in action. Well hope evryone has a real nice day !!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top