armyairforce
Well-Known Member
I had another meltdown with the computer and programmer today. Nothing wrong with the programmer, but the 'Locoanalyse' program froze every time it was launched. As previously mentioned, I ended up running the program on my laptop with XP, but I was getting ahead of myself there. It did start out working on my new laptop with Windows 7. It was fine to start with on W7, but suddenly stopped working. I installed it on my old laptop running Windows XP and it worked fine. So I'm guessing my new laptop did some update that conflicts with the 'Locoanalyse' program.
Anyway, I did more wiring today. I finished connecting up the ribbon cable to the LED's and ran the DTM30's test feature to see them all light one by one. Only two didn't light. One hadn't quite touched the return wire during soldering, while the other had a slight fracture in the PCB between the ribbon cable and the wire to the LED. All worked after a quick resolder.
The next lot of wiring is the ribbon cable that connects up the push buttons that operate the points and other features. At the end of the day, I was part way through the switch wiring.
Anyway, I did more wiring today. I finished connecting up the ribbon cable to the LED's and ran the DTM30's test feature to see them all light one by one. Only two didn't light. One hadn't quite touched the return wire during soldering, while the other had a slight fracture in the PCB between the ribbon cable and the wire to the LED. All worked after a quick resolder.
The next lot of wiring is the ribbon cable that connects up the push buttons that operate the points and other features. At the end of the day, I was part way through the switch wiring.
