1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Very cool looking bus!
So hey, does anyone have or know anything about Berwyn Locomotive Works hi rail trucks?
Can't find them, on the web, unless I'm not looking in the right place...
 
I am looking for a 1/87th HO scale tree feller buncher and log skidder for my layout. I found them once online but like normal I didn't save the link and now of course I'm looking for them and can't find them again. Anyone have any idea where I might find them. I can find them in 1/50th scale but just don't think that will look right.

Thanks for any info
smile.gif
 


I am looking for a 1/87th HO scale tree feller buncher and log skidder for my layout. I found them once online but like normal I didn't save the link and now of course I'm looking for them and can't find them again. Anyone have any idea where I might find them. I can find them in 1/50th scale but just don't think that will look right.

Thanks for any info
smile.gif

Sometimes right around the Christmas holidays you can find them at Tractor Supply or Northern Tools.
 
Problem is, of that $67 for that bus $60 is the cost of making one at a time. These are made to order.

We're going to try to make resin molds of it but that will come later, that should reduce the cost a bit.

About 7 months of research and effort went into making the bus. We see about $7 of that $67. Thats a dollar a month!!
 
Problem is, of that $67 for that bus $60 is the cost of making one at a time. These are made to order.

Nathan, there are ways to bring that price down.I assume it must be a solid body with a price like that.You my try a redesign with a hollow shell (Shapeways charges on volume of material used).Plus $5.00 of that $67. is a set up fee,which is paid per unit.You might check the feasability of multiples on a sprue which would bring the price per unit down,because being on a sprue,multiple buses would still be concidered a single unit.

No, I dopn't do design for SW but I have friends that do.:)
 
Thanks for the info guys,
I did find a skidder and loader (the Cararama) and they are both on the way. The feller buncher I finally found one in 1/87th scale, Its a John Deere 1470E (I think) it was listed as a tree harvester and its on the way also but it has to come from Austrailia(sp) couldn't find any in stock at all in the US just the 1/50th scale ones.
Thanks again
 


I have got to be kidding myself. I must think of the oddest 1/87th things to look for in the world
Now I'm looking for a belt conveyor loader, the type where a bucket loader would drop into a v shaped hopper then the belt would load the material (gravel/stone) into a rail car. I found really old styles (steam era) and one from Kibri #Ki- 8606 but of course they are not in stcok anyplace I can find. I'm looking for like 60/80's era.
I don't know maybe using wrong name for it or just not made. Any help would be great.
Thanks guys

It would look something like this
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Hobby Lobby today in Ft.Myers, Fl. & noticed they are selling a lot of HO scale trucks & trailers & some Cat equipment. The Lowboy tractor & trailers sell for $12.99 w/a tractor or backhoe on the trailer. They have 40 to 50% coupons on line every week.
Semi-Tractors are $5.99 ea. & the Cat pcs. are $4.99 to $7.99 ea.
I also stopped at Northern Tools & they have a lot of 1/87th stuff on their shelves already. All of the stores I was in today has already started to stock Christmas stuff.
Walmart is going to handle some HO train sets this year. Not all WM's, just the smaller stores.
Hobby Lobby & Northern gives the same prices if you shop on line.
 
Road Ragers, an Australian company that makes some nice little 1/87 scale diecast cars, has in the past, just made Ford Falcons and Holdens in 1/87 scale. Now they have just released some Chrysler products as well (Valiants). The 62 Chrysler Valiant S in their line is identical to the American 62 Plymouth Valiant. Other Valiants in the line are more Australian in design but are similar to some American Valiants and Darts.
I haven't found anyone who currently carries the Valiants in the US, but, Truck Stop Models expects to be stocking some in the near future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROAD-RAGERS...ys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item2567bbfd3a
 
At me a holiday!

Hey! All greetings!
Today has received the purchase! It is my purchase first the Internet in the USA!
Waited for 12 days!

Simply perfectly!!! : D
 
Hey! All greetings!
Today has received the purchase! It is my purchase first the Internet in the USA!
Waited for 12 days!

Simply perfectly!!! : D

Not bad. I live in the U.S. and have frequently waited longer than 12 days for internet purchases shipping from within the US.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top