1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




I repainted this old Zee Big Rigs truck and weathered it for the mountain highway on the OMRS club layout. The trailer was a nice Florescent Orange and yellow before I sprayed it gray. It's a bit smaller than HO, but it's high up on the second level and behind the branchline and away from the aisle.

attachment.php
 
funnelfan!

Thanks for the photo! Realistic! When you look at it, there is no change of scale. There are only a desire to repeat after you and do as well!
 
I repainted this old Zee Big Rigs truck and weathered it for the mountain highway on the OMRS club layout. The trailer was a nice Florescent Orange and yellow before I sprayed it gray. It's a bit smaller than HO, but it's high up on the second level and behind the branchline and away from the aisle.

attachment.php

Looks awesome. I'd say add some Plano mirrors and change those wheels and tires and you're set...
 
Another compliment for this model!
Well this model is not lost in a pile of iron. How many of this series...
And I like the footwear;-) This, so to speak, outside the urban option.
 
Score!

Score!.........nailed a collection of HO scale vehicles for $2 each, including the hard to find and damned expensive Trident trucks. Even the matchbox trucks are the few that are very close to HO scale. I'll probably repaint those are railroad utility vehicles for the club layout. I thumbnailed the collection at a value of $170, and was very surprised to be the only bidder at $50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230718554259?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
 


Got a new Vehicle at WallyWorld today. $4.47.:D

It's hard to find these new Vehicles at a lot of Walmarts. It seeems that just the newer SuperCenters have them & some of the old Division one stores.
There's still about 8 of these new ones I haven't been able to find. The Toy Dept. Mgr. in the store I was in today says she can't keep them in stock. I think more people are stealing them than buy'm. Lot of empty blister packs on the shelves.:mad:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know this maybe covered someplace in here but haven't found it yet but is there any links for places to get good quality inexpensive 1/87th scale vehicles ? I mean like $15 or below, those $20/30 ones can add up quickly.
 
jonyb!
Good photos! And a diopama - good ))) Such house variant!

I very much like models from "model power".
These small cars of their metal good and they well go.
I have some such models!
Truth seems to me at them an error in scale...
Here at a forum already like as wrote about it.
But I love them ;-)

And here it is my truck from "model power". It Freightliner with a trailer from the "Atlas".
 


The Model Power vehicles are very nice at a very nice price. I have a few of the 55 Chevys in different colors and a 56 Continental along with a 61 (?) T-Bird. Recently I also picked up a 60's VW micro bus by Model Power so my 1/87 hippies can go to the concerts.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top