1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nice little collection of classic American cars Rustam.

No need for apology about your English. "To sweep with a breeze along the railway" I think you describe having one of these cars for real and driving fast beside a speeding train? When you do be sure to buy the Firebird or the Mustang GT. They are much faster than a Skoda or a Ural salt mine truck. ;-))

But it's in our cars scale 1:87!
With wind they argue with the breeze;-)

I have a couple of classic American cars.
One of these days I'll buy some more.
Be sure to show pictures of these cars here.
 


I have that 1/87 scale Camaro by Brekina as well. They did a nice job on that one. Brekina also does the 59 El Camino and the 1960's Dodge A-100 vans. The next American car coming from Brekina is the 68-70 Corvette coupe.

Heres a link to a 1/87 scale vehicle forum http://87thscale.proboards.com/index.cgi?


I'm glad I'm on this forum. I never knew about Brekina. Thanks!

I just bought their some of their products and will buy more especially that Dodge van.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I'm on this forum. I never knew about Brekina. Thanks!

I just bought their some of their products and will buy more especially that Dodge van.

Nice. I like the Mini Cooper woody wagon. I have a couple of the VW buses but with the more conventional paint jobs. The Brekina Volvo wagon I have is the body style previous to the one you have.
 
Found these 2 trucks at WM today. Real close to Boley truck dimensions.:D With some custom painting, etc. make a nice rail truck.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I,m on holiday again,here in Pennsylvania,about 20miles from Altoona.During my stay here I,ve managed to get several vehicles for my railroad,including one of the trucks Larry posted. The Police tow truck is a Boley,all the rest are Matchbox vehicles.
Ron
 
I picked up a few of the new 1/87 scale Classic Metalworks 41-47 Chevy pickups and one of the 53 Ford sedan deliveries today at a Greenberg show in Chantilly, Virginia. These just came out so these were the first I've seen. The sedan delivery is nice (if you like their 53 Country Squire wagon, then you like this variation as well).
The Chevy pickup is nice as well, though to me, I think the rear could have had a little more detail. The tailgate looks very flat and thick, and there is no tail light nor a place for a license plate. Also. on the two tone versions, I'm not sure the color separation on the hood sides is quite correct. But over all its a very nice model with correct proportions and body lines. If you have a good magnifying glass or exceptionally good vision up close, you'll even be impressed with "CHEVROLET" being spelled out in red letters across the center of the chrome grille.
http://store.buy-hobbies.com/index.aspx

Correction? only the first one I opened up had no tail light/license plate. All the other Chevy pickups I bought had the tail light/ license plate assembly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Jordan's 1911 Ford Delivery.

pics154.jpg

I wanted to make an express truck for my smaller town to run between the businesses and the train station. I apinted it in CN green and used a small Canadian national decal from a diesel decal set. The Other delivery wagon behind is a brass kit but I can't remember the manufacturer.
 
My HO 102DL3 motorcoach is nearing completion... Era appropriate from 1994-on or so. It is 45 feet long, so comparable to a boxcar in length, but not quite height and width.

View attachment 27223

=D

I will be considering making them available at large... but once I get things done.

ps- This is my day job, to operate the 1:1 version...
 


Alright fellas so I'm re-creating some buses in HO scale from the bus fleet that I used to ride and now drive part-time. We have alot of Blue Bird bodied buses so the Herpa model is perfect for that. But I do need to find a hood from an HO GMC Topkick. Below I have a specific picture of the bus I'm trying to model next, It's a 1994 Blue Bird 71 packer body on a GMC "CV200" chassis. Any idea where I can get an HO scale hood like this would be fantastic, thanks guys - Jeff.

23mrf.jpg
 
What if you start with a Herpa/Con Cor bus and cut the front clip off. Then take a Topkick front clip from a Boley model and adapt that to the body of the herpa bus.
 
That's my plan because I did it the exact same way with a Boley International 3800 hood. I'll have to look harder for the GMC hoods because the Boley version is post 1990s. I want it to match exactly.
 
I just finished Jordan's Model T. You can build it with the turtle deck or pickup box and I chose the latter.
pics149.jpg

I did paint it but in keeping with Henry's tradition, it's almost all black
 
If you don’t mind an old “has-been” joining in....It seems like there are a lot more 1/87 vehicles available now than there were back in the 90s when I had to kit-bash or scratch-build most of my vehicles to get what I wanted. I worked highlines back then, so I had to have a pole-setting crew on my layout. The photo is from 1999.

The pole climber is a bashed mountain climber, the pickup utility beds are kit-bashed/scratch-built from styrene, and the utility trailer is completely scratch-built from sheet styrene except for the wheels and axles. This photo was taken before I had ground cover in place.

CD in Oklahoma
 
Here’s a little grain auger that I scratch-built from styrene and wire (except for the wheels)...

CD in Oklahoma
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top