Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. R

    Low Cost/Hight Tech Dynamic Scenery

    Hi to all and especially tootnkumin. Your last post is absolutely correct and I realize now that I am wrong in encouraging members to leave the forum. I apologize for that. Could you advise me as to better respond to those that are interested? I understand some scepticism here, but my intent...
  2. R

    Low Cost/Hight Tech Dynamic Scenery

    For those who are interested in what we are doing, Hugh and I will be getting together to test our first dual board semaphore. It has 3 lighted positions and has multiple control panels interconnected with just two wires. Maybe the best part is the total cost under $5 for all the parts. If...
  3. R

    Low Cost/Hight Tech Dynamic Scenery

    My apologies to anyone who tried to contact us via the web page. The web people insisted on doing upgrades without permission & they screwed it up! It's fixed now. I check my eMail several times every day........
  4. R

    Low Cost/Hight Tech Dynamic Scenery

    Thank you KB02, please contact me directly........ For those that are actually interested in what I've been trying to make available to the MRR hobbyist, you can contact me via my web-page. Look at the home page, on the rich side and part way down where it say's "Contacts". We check that...
  5. R

    Low Cost/Hight Tech Dynamic Scenery

    Sorry guys, I'm obviously in the wrong group. Only three responses! Thanks Rico, feel free to contact me via the web page. For those who thinks "photoelectric cells" are hi-tech and those who can't get past the "website is temporarily deactivated" to see the contents, you're right, I'm in the...
  6. R

    Low Cost/Hight Tech Dynamic Scenery

    I was here a few years ago introducing what was to become a line of micro-processor based electronic circuit and hardware designs at an extremely low cost. My partner and I have continued to develop new products that are unique to us. (Thus far only one design has been mimicked and is a poor...
  7. R

    Servo driven turnouts

    Tony; I'm very sorry if I've offended you. You don't seem to have paid any heed to anything I've said other than to find fault. You know nothing about what I've done, you won't look around my webpage, you wouldn't consider evaluating my product. You tell me to show pictures and movies but I...
  8. R

    Servo driven turnouts

    Hi Tony and glad to here from you again. Your points are all valid, especially the first! P#1 - I never learned to say a lot in a little note and It never occurred to me that anyone might think I'm just re-selling somebody else's stuff! I just assumed they would go to my website and there's...
  9. R

    Servo driven turnouts

    From one old guy to another: Yes! I proudly wave the DIY flag! You can make your own servo mounting bracket for next to nothing or buy a pre-assembled plastic bracket for $7.99 that's only good for one configuration. For those that are looking for a pre-assembled, ready-to-run layout I...
  10. R

    Servo driven turnouts

    You have now! Take a look around. I'm not one of the 'big guys' and you don't have to pay those enormous prices. Mine is superior to anything on the market and at a fraction of the price.......
  11. R

    Servo driven turnouts

    Hi Tony; Since you asked, try http://railroadmicro.com/ I don't dare offer something publicly without having sufficient inventory to cover any orders. Experience has shown there's almost no interest in anything other than plug-and-play stuff. I just can't believe that the people that...
  12. R

    Servo driven turnouts

    Here's another entry in the simplest circuit contest! This time it's another little 8-pin micro, ATTiny13A, driving one of the little SG-90 servos. It uses a 2-wire bus to allow a whole bunch of LED position indicator lights plus two-button controls for the turnouts (including centering...
  13. R

    Realistic RR Crossing Bell

    I sure hope there's a contest somewhere for the simplest circuit cause I think I might win. I've designed a sound synthesizer circuit that essentially has just one component, a little 8-pin integrated circuit with only 4 connections to it; 5Volts DC and Ground, an input from a logic level...
  14. R

    occupancy detection circuit - MR Mag May 2015 pg 56

    Hi trailrider I find it amazing that so many can decide that commercially available products are so much better than what I'm offering and are reasonably priced. How can you know that when you know nothing about what I offer and have no logical basis for comparison. Maybe you think $40 for a...
  15. R

    occupancy detection circuit - MR Mag May 2015 pg 56

    I haven't studied this circuit yet, but it sounds like 50 year-old technology and is both complex and expensive. I tried some time ago to introduce here an inexpensive RR crossing flasher with track detectors but was met with hostility and accusations of lying, cheating and almost of shooting...
  16. R

    soldering station

    Sorry about that, it seems like I forget the attachments more and more as I mature.... http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/21-1590?trk_msg=MJ1GLCQFCHT4TDQ013EM93TF78&trk_contact=NEG98SRNN5P8JMLC6MCP0AB98S&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=21-1590&utm_campaign=Crazy415
  17. R

    soldering station

    Here's a 3-day sale on one that I've used for something like 20 years. It'll let you control the temperature so you won't melt that tiny little stuff! Get several types of tips while you're at it.
  18. R

    tiny lamp post

    NEVER apply 12V to an LED in the REVERSE polarity! That is way beyond specs and is practically guaranteed to destroy the device! Also, NEVER apply any voltage directly to the LED in either polarity without a current limiting resistor of some sort, even a voltage as low as 2 Volts with...
  19. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi all; It's been kind of quiet here but not because I've been asleep. I just sent out my first flasher kit using reflective IR sensors for evaluation. The sensor are small enough to bury in the cork road-bed and fit between the ties to be almost invisible. (Well, you have to trim the ties a...
  20. R

    Dynamic Scenery

    Hi LASM; Pin #1 on the micro isn't used and should be left open. I always hate to waste a good pin, but that particular pin in kind of fussy..... I'm standing by here in case you have difficulties. You can reach me direct to my email via the link on my web-page, the computer beeps with...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top