Hi Tony and glad to here from you again. Your points are all valid, especially the first!
P#1 - I never learned to say a lot in a little note and It never occurred to me that anyone might think I'm just re-selling somebody else's stuff! I just assumed they would go to my website and there's a whole bunch of info there.
P#2 - Many have turnout motors, some with those solenoid actuators that are next to junk. Others have Tortoise motors, better by far but how would you equip them with signal lights? How many control panels can you have? How difficult are they to wire up and adjust? I'm sure there are some with indicator lights, although I haven't seen any yet. I've heard of some that build their own flashers and track detectprs with photo-resistors, it looks like they'll only flash while blocked and you have to re-adjust if you dim your lights. Others seek to build their own with bits and piece parts, maybe they even use IR track detection, but how is it possible to include "logic" the way I do with the micro's. My Bell stands alone. The closest anyone can come is with an mp3 module that can play back a recording. No logic, just on or off. Back up a moment to the flasher, I have two types, one with an above the board light beam that can cover a 5 foot span of track and the other that's buried between the ties in the cork roadbed. Both have excellent performing, nearing 100% coverage.
(All this is spelled out on the website.) Maybe it's time to upgrade?
#3 is VERY important, although I'm really not convinced that a movie is necessary to show a flashing light! There's a whole bunch of pictures, schematics, movies, technical and performance narrative, etc. on the website, far more than I could post here. The really big issue though is that "nobody here has seen......" and that hits the nail right square on the head. Nobody else in any of the groups has every seen any of this stuff! A year or so ago some no-nothings in this group were accusing me of lying and fraud and they knew absolutely nothing about me or my products, but they thought it was their duty to warn everybody. I make a post about my bell, 89 views but NO replies and NO contacts. Am I blacklisted? There's just one member of this group that has tried one of my products, way back when. He had a little difficult building it, one error because he didn't pay attention to the instructions, (his words) a second because I didnt' go into detail on where to locate the sensors, then finally he didn't know what the micro was for and it wasn't plugged in. Otherwise, it worked just fine and he seemed pleased. He even made a movie clip and posted it here, but he didn't say a word about where he got it. I've made postings on other groups too, and NONE have tried anything, even when I just about give away the store!
P#4 I'd like to post a link to my website, but I've been banned for that in other groups. I respond immediately when somebody asks for it. I guess that's safe. If you reread my initial post, I tried to describe the turnout motor in a single paragraph. The old saw that "This is the age of the half read page" is no longer valid, people now days only read the bold print and only look at the pictures. (I blew the last sentence, I intended to say I didn't know how to post a pix here.)
P$5 I'm sure (almost) everything that I've done has been done by somebody else. Mine is better! (I've done work for GM that the Delco engineers couldn't handle. Same for Boeing Aerospace, Toastmaster, Decatur Radar, and NACCO (Hyster/Yale)., they all had their own engineering staff, but their engineers couldn't do
what I do and didn't understand it when I was done.) I can't prove any thing works here because nobody here will even try it!
P#6 How can I do that here? There's just so much you can say in a paragraph or two. Beyond that nobody would read it.
P#7 is my favorite! Do you care enough and do you have the time and inclination to build some of this stuff and share your opinion based on facts? I've pleaded with some that cared enough to respond privately and all but gave away the store if they'd just try it. Would you believe, one seemed to want to buy a flasher kit since that was the only thing that I had sufficient stock to handle a bunch of orders. I told him if he bought one I'd send him a second full kit for the other type of sensor and throw in a bell kit complete with an audio amp, all for the price of the first! He never replied. If you really want to help, contact me privately through the website. Otherwise, do you know of someone that might?
I'm really getting tired of knocking myself out trying with zero results. I hate to give up because I still think there are a lot of people out there that would like this sort of thing and can't afford to pay way over $50 bucks just to have a flashing lite. They buy those bang-bang turnout solenoids for $13 bucks that don't work very well and don't last long, simply because they can't afford to spend a bunch more and don't know they could have mine for less. They look to the old-timers on the web for help and they find nothing except some jerk that say's "I wouldn't buy anything on the internet unless they had full page ads in Model Railroader". (Real story!) One of these days I'll get smart and just shut down. In the meantime there's a couple of other projects that I'd still like to do. I may just post a movie and not try to share it........
Rich USN-Ret, CEO & Chief Engineer of RailroadMicro
p.s. I have a copywrite on each of my designs, plus each micro is programmed to be unreadable once it leaves my hands.