Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    Atlas H-15-44 F.B.Morse Dual Mode Diesel No Go on DCC

    My Atlas Master H-15-44 Dual Mode Diesel just stopped performing on DCC. It runs well on DC,and I am asking if the Forum could suggest what key strokes I do on my new Easy DCC System to either get it going,or bring it back to default setting. It is 10 years old,and I do not think the decoder is...
  2. S

    Athearn GP15-1

    Thanks Paul B .That was the unit that proved my 3 Athearns were faulty. A friend took me to his club that has the JMRI. My club A. M. R. A. Queensland Inc. whilst it is the largest club in the State,is behind the times with DCC, but is at last ,making positive efforts to introduce this...
  3. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    Hi,Rorsysm, Good idea,also think about a small Rotunda and add some People to bring it to life.Faller have a Playground Kit with enough Playground Equipment that did my School, Park,and some over. My Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren love it as I allow them to touch the swings etc., and...
  4. S

    Athearn GP15-1

    Athearn GP15 I have 3 Athearn DCC &Sound locos,and all had to go back from new for repairs. Your problem may be the same as my F7,it would only run for about 6 inches and stop. Tested at Club diagnostic J M something by an expert,and he found there was no power coming from one truck,and the...
  5. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    The other Lake Wobegon Box car Thanks for your photo and post,nice to know the history of your model cheers Owen
  6. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    Thanks RANDPVILLE,I think you are right. Cheers Owen
  7. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    Roysm, Thanks for your input.My Bachmann Monument came as is,without the Soldier on top,and no scenery
  8. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    Hi,PaulB, Thanks to my friend Tootunkumin,he managed to get my photo of the Bachmann HO Monument up . I painted a Soldier with a brown tunic to make it look like an American Army Officer,and he is on the top. Sunshine Express
  9. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    Hi,Dr.Frankendiesel, Thanks for your input,I think we have rekindled some old memories in HO.Railroad Modeling
  10. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    Bachmann Monument photo re Coral Sea Battle
  11. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    I will try again for a photo of the Bachmann Monument. Thank you Paul B, and Tutunkumin for your replies,I am better with a brush than a computer.
  12. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    I have decided to sell the old Lake Wobegon Biscuit Box Car on E bay.There is no real interest in it here. My friend who first recognised it,and told me the story also has loaned me the P H C movie made about 2006.I actually like the old car very much,because my nature is driven by historical...
  13. S

    Bachmann Battle of the Coral Sea Monument

    The anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea,4th.to 8th.of May 1942,is coming up soon. Some years ago,I bought a Bachmann Monument Kit,and detailed it with a US Serviceman on top,in a Park Setting on my10x5 US Layout .This was my tribute to the American servicemen and women,who I met as a boy...
  14. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    Your answer is the closest I have got to finding the origin of the old box car,with you having bought the Decals 20 years ago,and actually having a car with the same on it. Could you put a photo of yours up,or throw a bit more light on where the Decals came from please ? .I am 82,and a bit slow...
  15. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    More information after forensic examination. 1.Roof and separate Ribs are Brass 2.Frame is Metal 3.Floor is Wood 4.Grab Irons &Steps are Wire like Roundhouse Kits 5.Wheels are Metal on Plastic Axles 6. Not proven,but the body sides and ends feel like wood ? Does this info narrow it down to find...
  16. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    Black 28,Thanks for your message,this is my first post and photos.At 82 I am not up with all the workings of this wonderful medium. There is no maker's name underneath the car. At least I can see it is not a Tyco. It has two centre spine girders between the trucks.
  17. S

    Lake Wobegon Mills-Powdermilk Biscuits Box Car

    I recently bought this old 40ft. wooden box car/reefer at a buy&sell meet,simply because it was an attractively painted old type with arch bar trucks to suit my other "oldies". Whilst running it in a freight consist at my A M R A Queensland Club yesterday,a friend recognised it,and told me the...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top