Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Evening All: KenL: So you want a list of the stuff we got? You'll be disapointed. I got a package of 12 Kadee 33 inch wheel sets. Ron got a couple of ford 4dr sedans and a copy of Great MRRs 2007. Gary got a can of dull coat and a bottle of red paint. Not much for driving all tha way to Denton...
  2. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Happy 40th birthday William. Don't worry it will seem like the time flys by and you'll be staring at 65. That's me in November. Oh to be 40 again. Nick: My son and I went to OKC last month to pick up some rail and stuff from Cannonball for his 7.5in gauge. They are just north of OKC. Give me a...
  3. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Nick: What part of Oklahoma are you in. I'm located in North Texas just west of Ft. Worth.
  4. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Evening All: I haven't been able to get any HO type MRRing done lately. There is just too much to do outside. We spent the weekend working on my friends 7.5 inch gauge track. He is having a meet the middle of June and there is alot to get done. I have been working a bit on my 7.5 SW-7. I took...
  5. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Evening All: Steve: That's a neat boat there in your heading. I take it that it's an ocean going bulk carrier. I'm into the shipping on the great lakes. Way be in for some more rain tonight. We had 1 inch last night and it was almost all run off. Our pond is within one foot of being full...
  6. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Evening Gang: Steve B: Are you any where near Leighton Buzzard? I'm a member of the Leighton Buzzard Narrow Gauge Railway Society. The gun show went all right. I didn't buy anything. Very unusual. My friend is looking better but has put on weight. The cancer is being beaton back for now...
  7. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Evening Gang: Not much to report on the MRR front. We've been putting together a pen for some of Mary Ann's cats. We used a large kennel and made it cat proof with a roof. I did get over to my friends railraod track to help get ready for our live steam meet in June. We need to do some...
  8. P

    Introduction and a few questions.

    Hi Andy: Great to have a coastey in the forums. Take a look at the N-trak moduals. The standards make it possible to match up with others at club get togethers and such. Even if you don't do club thing you will be able to change your you arrangement. The moduals are in sizes of 2x4ft. Very east...
  9. P

    Coffee Shop Part V

    Evening All: Well another new place. It looks pretty good. The light blue walls could use a few clouds. Not much doing on the MRR front, unless you count the 7.5 inch gauge. I spent a couple of days out at my sons place working on putting in a couple of grade crossings. These are desinged to...
  10. P

    I wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

    Hi Luke: Welcome to the forums and to MRRing. I'll go with what the others have said and add to remember to make things easyto get to and maintain. Any bench work over 3 ft. is hard to reach into for maintance or working on. Also being linear is good. You might want to pick up a couple of books...
  11. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Evening All: Well I'm on high spead. It sure is nice. Steve those are some great pictures. Especially since I didn't have to wait 15 minutes for them to load. The locomotive looks real good . The low level shots had me fooled for a bit too. Good score on the ballast cars. Ray: I'm sorry to hear...
  12. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Hi Gang: KenL; I'm ok. All the bad stuff went east and north of us. They had 4 tornadoes in Ft. Worth and Dallas. Four were killed. I've been getting some work on the Sunday Lake mine head. I got all the sheet metal on and have about finnished the hopper and framing. I'll have to find a...
  13. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Evening All: ray my condolences to you and yours. I've been out of contact for the last 3 days thanks to Peoplepc. Every time I tryed to get on Internet Explorer They dropped the connection. I'm going to get Verison wireless broadband. It's more expensive but we'll save a bunch on telephone...
  14. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Yea Rex, it looks so good I'm tempted also. I've got a Lionel shovel the has like the one that John Tews used on his layout. I'm going to bash it into some thing that will fit better. I've got some video and pictures of Marion and Bucyrus shovels and there is a book on Marions available. I'm a...
  15. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Evening All: It's been awhile since I had anything to say. I've just been sitting in the corner listining. Rex that is a great looking model. Unfortunately it's too moder for my layout. I need a shovel from the early 1950s. Today was a MRR day. It was cool and damp so a perfect day to spend...
  16. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Evening All: I got the track panels finished. It's alot easyer to go to the LHS and pick up some Snap Track. I have to make the rail joiners next. Atlas how about 7.5 in gauge? Nothing else going on. Mouse: I'm still toying with the idea of starting over. When the basement is cleaned out I'll...
  17. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Hi Gang: I have all the track sections done except 2. I'll get those welded up tomorrow and then make the rail joiners. Talk about scratch building. I even have to do the rail joiners. Son John had a work day out at his place where he's building his railroad. We got one of two road crossings...
  18. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Ken: YES, I didn't do it soon enough. At least the blood is being spilled for my projects.I didn't hurt myself today. I only got one track section done today. I had several problems popup that I had to fix and then the milling cutter broke. I found a spare but too late to go any farther. I have...
  19. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    Hi Gang: Not much going on here. I got 2 more track sections done today before my back shut me down. Doing so much work turning the crank on the milling machine and bending half over to do the welding got my back sore. I'll get an early start tomorrow. Larry: Good to hear that your rotator cuff...
  20. P

    Coffee Shop Part IV

    The storm was a didn't happen thing. We got a smatering of rain and that's about it. Right now there is a dust storm going on. The sky is tan and the wind is really kicking up. I need to get back to the shop and get to work on the track panels. See you all later.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top