ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Afternoon All ! Another really nice day here temps. around 55 and sunny . Hope everyone's weekend went well. Chip ditto here hope that you mend fast . Well off to do more yard work .Take Care All !
Woo hoooo! I just won a set of Canaries! (on e-bay) Got me a GP 38-2 and a GP 50. Basicaly it is Mopac lettering in the UP paint scheme!
A little tib bit about these locos....
Woo hoooo! I just won a set of Canaries! (on e-bay) Got me a GP 38-2 and a GP 50. Basicaly it is Mopac lettering in the UP paint scheme!
A little tib bit about these locos....
Thanks Alco. We already have one (in generic paint). It's display only at our powerplan scene. Speaking of the power plant, we need to get to work detailling it...
Morning Bill and Grande! The day has started off nice here, nice and rainy that is. But hey Oklahoma has been needing rain for a while. Hope everyone has a good day.
Morning all! I am so pumped on waiting for my delivery of "Canaries". I went and bought the decoders for them and my LEDS. I finished my EMD Leasing units this past weekend. I am also waiting on 12 new & used built rolling stock from a fellow in CA. All have kadees and metal wheels too. Will need to weather some and add some loads. Will post when all arrive! I am on the hunt for my E8 B unit too....think I got one ...gonna be close....we shall see how the bidding goes. I have been working on a diorama will post that maybe this weekend too....I dont what has gotten into me but I am really going nuts right now on my MRR stuff! I keep thinking in moderations...easy does it....LOL
You know what today is don't you? It's the first of the month. That means my check is in the bank and it's time for a trip to the LHS! I'll be picking up a few items today. An Athearn PB2 locomotive among them. Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/1/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 67°F Humidity: 96% Dew Point: 66°F
So Far Today High: 70°F Low: 66°F Rain: 0.08" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 9mph SSW
Now through 09:00 AM CDT May 01, 2007
High: 85
Through 9 AM...a few showers and thunderstormswill move northeast at 30 mph across portions of central Louisiana. The majority of the activity will occur from eastern Vernon Parish into Rapides Parish...mainly between Leesville and Alexandria. A few lightning strikes and rainfall rates around one quarter of an inch per hour can be expected with this activity.
Today High: 85Mostly cloudy with a20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph.
Tonight Low: 62Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
I'll have the sausage today.
And how about a little breakfast music from the Smiley band.
And remember, things could be worse. You could be this guy!
I'm logging on later today. Power's out at home. No breakfast, no coffee. I'll have what Bill's having.
For the second day in a row, I had hot dogs and sweets for dinner.--Hot dogs and marshmallows over the the bonfire as the roses gave up the ghost and last night I got conned into taking my son to the "Library Reading Buddies" picnic. Hot dogs and cookies. My wife was working on a deadline.
So I told you that to tell you this. I woke up in the wee hours like I always do if I've had stuff to eat I shouldn't and figured out a way to double my staging in the same area I was using before. That means I can still add the main staging later when I get custody of the full basement.
Recap--More staging, no coffee.
Right now my head tells me coffee is more important.
I went to the LHS today and picked up a Kato ALCO RSC-2, an Athearn PB-2, a Santa Fe Canadian grain hopper, a 3-quart bag of dark green lichen, 4 bags of fine gray talus and 2 bags of WS fine turf (1 weeds and 1 burnt grass). Total cost $186.14
I got the two locos 30% off! How's that for some dealing.
Well not much on the go as we are back at it again. Started entering the waters of the Grand banks this morning and started to come across some Icebergs. Bad thing is they cannot be seen as we are in dense fog. Oh well it's the nature of the beast! If it's not too windy it's foggy and if it's not foggy it's windy and rough. So it's 6 of one or half a dozen of the other.
I am making headway on my two kitbashed locos and by the time the trip is over they should be ready for the MR!
Evening All:
Steve: That's a neat boat there in your heading. I take it that it's an ocean going bulk carrier. I'm into the shipping on the great lakes.
Way be in for some more rain tonight. We had 1 inch last night and it was almost all run off. Our pond is within one foot of being full. it's getting to the point that I'd like it to stop for a bit so I can get some of the pastures mowed. The weeds are knee high.
Not much going on MRR wise. The only excitement was finding that the electric meter locked us out of our fields again. That guy is costing the Electric company a fortune in locks. To top that off they have the nerve to send us a nasty letter when they can't get in because we had to cut off there lock and only have ours on. Very checky. That's a good Brit word there.
Well I think that I'll head for bed. I'll have to get hold of the electric co. rep tomorrow and she can make another trip out with a lock.
Good Night All
Just thought I'd check in as it's almost lunch time here and I had a couple of minutes to chat. Not much on the go a bit of wind, wave and swell with a Labrador current of 1 kt with lots of fog. Feet are braced to keep me steady in the swell. Another few more days of this and we'll be headed for home. Hopefully if the weather hiolds out I'll be able to finish the 2 Locos and have them packed up for the trip home.