Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/2/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 67°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph S

Now through 10:00 AM CDT May 02, 2007

High: 82

Through 10 AM...a few showers and thunderstorms can be expected over central Louisiana from near Anacoco to Alexandria to Marksville. This activity will maintain an east movement near 25 mph.

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

I'll have the pancake today.

pancakes.jpg
 
And a very good day to all!

Flo, how about a hot roast beef sandwich for lunch with a piece of lemon meringue pie on the siding. Nice looking suntan on those very long, smooth, shapely, uh-errr, legs of yours.:p

You guys talking about getting some rain, we are about 15+ inches behind average. Nick/TexasPaul, how about blowing some over this way.

Congrats Alco on your bid. Be careful with the "Hyperactive MR" syndrome:eek: ...treatment is expensive. Someday, there will be a shot to calm us down and get through the crisis.:D

Fergie: Keep watch on the ice cubes and safe journey.

NZKen: Your almost home!;)

Steve: How would you compare the ESU with other sound?
 
Good afternoon crew! Ahoy, Fergie!

Another 'nice' day here in the Mid 'lantic region. Not much mrr activity, other than I'm wondering if I can increase the volume on my Soundtraxx decoder by making a larger speaker box.

I'm dealing with a slightly annoying situation: My refrigerator died [it's still under warranty at least] last Friday, the repair man finally came by yesterday and said he'd have to order a new part which may take from 3 to 10 business days to arrive - sheeesh! As if that wasn't bad enough, the freezer - which was working OK until yesterday - hasn't worked properly since the repairman fooled around with it :mad: Dumping ice into coolers gets old really fast.

Texas Paul - I sympathize with your having to deal with a clueless utlity company, hope they don't try to pull an "eminent domain" on you!

Steve that's a fine-sounding Class 47 if that's the one your planning to get!
 


Mornin' everyone! Ooopps sorry, afternoon everyone. Flo, Sabrina, you girls are looking mighty fine today! How about a big glass of lemonade, a chopped steak platter, smothered in onions and lots of gravey! I'm starved! Put a nice garden salad with those Chandler Mt. tomatoes in it and I'll be happy.:D

Hadda put my Ranger in the shop this mornin'.:mad: The Alternator went out on me comin' in from Rex's place last night. My battery light first came on at around 70mph. I slowed to 60, and it went out. Came on again, slowed to 50 etc..

It was like it was getting shampooed, you know, wash, rinse, repeat!:p

I would in my younger days, take the bad one out, go to the auto parts store/junk yard and get another one. Then put the new one in myself. Now with all the electronic sensors, monitors, computers in engines, I don't dare do it. With my luck, (I'm like the little character in the old comic strip Lil' Abner, who walked around with the rain clouds over his head), I'd mess something up and $800-1000 later, I'd get my truck back.;)

Well, I'm headed to the basement to get some more switch machines built for the staging yards at Brown's and Prattville.:)
 
Too bad you don't live closer Carey we could trade work. I could take care of your altenator and you could help lay some track for me. I need to take another round of pictures tonight, started laying a few pieces of track last night.
 
afternoon all
Rex South west digital do the best ESU sound chip in the UK for a 47, they took hundreds of hours worth of recording and squeezed it all into the ESu chip, and the result is awesome, it's a real 47 in minature, another firm "Howes" also does them but they don't do a 47, these two firm's are the best supplier by far with an excellent record for customer service.

just got in from a walk in the hill's, what a fantastic blue sky, and the reflections of the lakes even better.

Yarrow reservoir feeder river, it's a road bridge BTW, there are Pike upto 30lb, trout to over 15lb in here also
P5020023.jpg

and me and the gang
P5020030.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Carey~

I had a chance to view your website today. I enjoyed the pics and your history of MRR and RR. Very nice.
 
Afternoon All ! Steve looks like the gang is having fun. Rex you gotta move closer to the g Great Lakes to get some real clear cough water . Just ask the Zebra Mussels. Hope all have a swell day .
 


Good Morning Bill & Nick and what a beautiful morning it is here in Buffalo , Sunny and temps.up near sixty. Wish the rest of the country could enjoy this weather. You guys in Texas really got the rain and storms . Well going out to do the grocery shopping so hope all have a pleasant day !!!!!
 
Good Morning All

We haven't seen the sun since we left Halifax. Just rain fog and fog and more fog. Not enough wind for any sea but we get this lazy old swell that keeps us rolling. The Old Man got chucked from the bed twice last night. As for me I just sleep through it for the most part as I have to be physicaly chucked from the bunk before I wake up.

still working on the engines and if the weather holds then I should have them finished within the next couple of days.

Looked at the Charts yesterday and I'm about 1/3rd across the pond but not close to get a good look at Steve. Soryy Bud but not this trip. Haven't been to jolly old England in 20 years. Steve is Manchester United your team?

Anyway must run
Fergie
 
It's bad weather all day today. This is good layout work weather.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/3/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 65°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 69°F
Low: 65°F
Rain: 0.07"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 17mph SW

Today High: 80 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds...heavy rainfall and frequent lightning in the morning. Highs around 80. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph.


I'll have the French toast today.

french-toast.jpg
 
afternoon all,
nice warm day today, 5pm and it's 78.

Fergie Manchester who HA HA HA HA HA, bunch of girls they are. We were looking out to sea last night but couldn't see ya, maybe if you stand at the top and wave like crazy we may see you.
 
Carey~

I had a chance to view your website today. I enjoyed the pics and your history of MRR and RR. Very nice.

Thanx Alco!

It needs revamping and my wife, who's better at HTML than I am is working on a new one for me. But then again she's been doing that for a year now!:D
(Don't tell her I said that!)
 
Greetings from sunny Woodstock, MD!

This just in: I completely re-did the speaker arrangement in my GP38, sounds alot better now. Details at eleven.
 
Morning Ken
WEEKENDS HERE, i get three days this time, even better
tommorow were off on a cruise down the river Weaver, it's only a four hour affair for a birthday treat for a friend, there's about 50 of us going, should be fun
 
Morning Ken and Steve! Sounds like your going to have a great weekend Steve any time when it's an extra day longer the better, as well as getting to go on a river cruise would be cool. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
 


Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

It's very quiet here the day after the storms, too quiet. What's next?

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/4/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23


Wind Chill: 68°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.07"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SE

Today High: 85 Partly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers in the morning. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 70. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

For breakfast today I'll have the bacon and eggs.

bacon.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top