Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi crew,

Just got back from Easter Vigil Mass, it lasted ~ 2hrs and I'm exhausted.

Steve, that pic of Gemma with the Easter Bunny is totally priceless!

Larry - glad your new job seems to be working out!

Rex - the steel project I was referring to in WPF has nothing to do with my own layout; it's for an article [part of series] I'm doing for Joe Fugate's planned online magazine. Since some vendors are bold enough to charge $600 for a Walthers BF kit, I figured the market is ripe for a how-to piece on scratchbuilding HO scale BF's.

Can't keep my eyes open, g'nite all...!
 
Ok Ken, that sounds like a good project that will help many. I will be interested and can't wait to see what you come up with. Joe's sample pages are looking good.;) Got a question for you now: What do you use for your mill chimneys? I thought about some PVC, but thought I would ask you where you get all the parts for your stuff.
 


Steve, sorry to hear about the wee rabbit, our cat dragged one in too a week ago, poor little guys.

Yup I'm officially pooped, doesn't matter how old I am;) I'm not used to working hard, back to work on Tuesday for a rest:p .

Sleep now 10.20 Sunday night, full off chocolate and a couple of B&C's!!

Night, Ken.
 
Morning guys. Guess what. It was snowing in Leesville this morning. This is Louisiana. It doesn't snow here during the coldest part of the winter ussually and now it snows in the spring! Go figure.
 
Hi crew,

A Blessed Easter Morning to all who observe it!

Jeff - sorry to hear you're snowed in, what a cruel April Fools joke!:eek: I was kinda hoping you'd leave some chocolate eggs for us today, since the Easter Bunny met an untimely death...

NZKen - Hope you get some much-needed rest when you return to your daytime job on Tuesday.

Rex - I use PVC pipe of ~1" diameter and slightly larger for my homegrown stacks. I don't have the exact measurements, but the stuff is sooooo cheap you could buy a whole range of diameters for under $10 and just choose your favorite. (You do have a cutoff- or miter saw I hope...?) I go to Home Depot, Lowes, or Ace Hardware for my PVC.

Steve - thanx for the website 'plug'! That old one is a tad clunky; I was planning something simpler so that more people would be willing to try it.
 
Mornin' everyone!

"I'm dreaming of a white...Easter" Yep even the top of my truck is white this morning. Lake effect from the great lakes.

Happy Easter to all!
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


04-08-07

SO00182_.gif


donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning gent's, guess your in bed Ken M (1.22am there) re-couperating
just waiting on my Ebay auctions finishing, got some posting to do in the week ahead, (And some buying);) :) ;)
 
Big Blessed Easter To All ! And a Happy Easter to everyone else ! Steve that picture with your daughter aand the rabbit is pricless, Snow Snow we had none at Christmas so I guess we got it now instead . It was a bit of a disappointment not to see all the children in their Easter clothes instead of winter coats at church. Oh well. Last night I went to my Aunt And Uncles 60 Anniversary, Sure wish that I can make it that long just about 26 years to go. See you all later , Have a wonderful Easter day !@!
 


Darn Jeffreys, snow? Well, at least it will help you remember what it looks like:D . Paul/Ray, I guess you guys are sick of it.

Thanks Steve for Ken's web site. I thought that I already had it, but I guess it got zapped.

KenL, what kind of paint do you use on the PVC? (maybe I should take time and read the site, Ha!). I guess your new project will be something similiar??

Poor NZKen... him so tired and worn out. :p :D :D
 
Ahhhh sleep you just can't beat it:D We changed the mattress at the weekend and boy it's good, slept right through!!

Just some more storage loads today then on the mower later.

Breakfast time for me, TTFN, Ken.
 
Evening All: It's been awhile since I had anything to say. I've just been sitting in the corner listining.
Rex that is a great looking model. Unfortunately it's too moder for my layout. I need a shovel from the early 1950s.
Today was a MRR day. It was cool and damp so a perfect day to spend in the basement. I got quite a bit done on the Sunday Lake Mine. I disassembled the 4 N scale deck truss bridges and used 3 for the base structure of the mine head. I also made the hoppers and got them assembled. I still have to do the roof sheeting and begine the painting. It's looking nice.
Well I am going to head for bed. Good Night All
 
Mornin' gang,

Very busy day yesterday - hosting Easter supper at our place, then heading down to my stepmom's for the usual holiday 'dessert' visit. Didn't get back until midnite.

Texas Paul - good to see you back, been awhile

Rex - the paint I used on the PVC sections of my BF were standard enamel primers that I bought at Wally World for ~$1 a can. Rustoleum wannabee's. First gray, then flat black, then a thin dusting of oxide red - nothing fancy. I think you can use just abount any of the same kinds of paint that you'd use on styrene. The one for the article will be smaller, and skip a number of the more complicated steps - but also include a casthouse. Size will be slightly larger than the Walthers model. Emphasis is on ease of construction, using the least expensive materials possible.

KenM - now there's is a relaxing, sit-down type of chore compared with moving. I've had some of my best mrr ideas while riding on my lawn tractor.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken L!

Mornin' Nick!

We still have white stuff floating out of the sky here in the Finger lakes. Not amounting to anything, but sure is cold outside. Gee, I guess I will have to continue to do yard work down cellar.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top