Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken,

I am, I'm the one that caught me spending too much time so I came down on myself. I wan't producing. If you want to see what I do, my website is http://www.ChipEFT.com. Just got the website up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, I'm the one that caught me spending too much time so I came down on myself. I wan't producing. If you want to see what I do, my website is http://www.ChipEFT.com. Just got the website up.
Ahha...to paraphrase Shrek, "That explains alot!":D Interesting website, I know a few people who could benefit from your services but they're too far away

NZKen - I go thru periods like that once in awhile, they last maybe a day or two.
 


Good Morning Everyone

Well I'm packed and ready for sea! Looks like I'll be sailing later today if what the Captain has told me holds true. Anyway it looks like I'll be gone for 28 days.

So please do the following while I'm gone:

1) Keep Ray away from the Donoughts! (And Ray good luck with the inspection I'm sure you'll get her hands down) Just remember Donought sprinkles and sugar dust are not to be used for scenery.

2) Ken: DCC is your friend, Enjoy it and it is not to be catagorized an a R/C Plane. It won't fly further than you toss it, when mad and it is not to be used for shock therapy to control one's rage that's why the Power Company supplies us with 110!

3) Chip: Get with the program! Lure your boss into the fold by buying him a train. If it doesn't work well... I can't give you any ideas on the internet. Too many eyes and ears.

Steve and NZKen: ... Hold the fort guys as some one's got to do it.

Sad day when one looks forward to a rest by returning to work.

Have a good one and stay healthy everyone.

Fergie

PS I've got my 40 litre rubbermaid bucket loaded with MR gear so I'll be fine!
 
Bon Voayge Fergie!

Morning Gents,

This Easter it seems a jelly bean pulled a filling from one of my molars. I haven't been able to sleep last couple of nights--yep a tooth ache. It seems like it is almost 100% psychosomatic. I get up, work on the layout plan. It doesn't hurt for a couple hours. Then as soon as I lay down--Whaaaaaaahhhh!

The good news I'm getting a lot of progress on my layout plan. The bad news is I've been a walking zombie. I'll hit "post reply" when I quit yawning.
 
Hi All ! Fergie Happy Sailing sounds like fun. NZKen I'm sure you will work things out , Chip get to the dentist , Toohaches are a bummer, Steve to bad you had to go back to work, Ray hope all goes well and you get that golden Spike, As for me back to spring cleaning and maybe a hour or so on the layout! take care all
 
Afternoon all! Thanks for the words of encouragement from you guys. The only thing that could be problematic for the award is the rolling stock requirement. It will depend on whether the AP person feels that I have done enough detailing on some the items.....

Fergie, I solemnly swear to stay out of the doughnuts until you return (fingers crossed behind back). Have a good time at sea!
 
Ray,

Inspection will be just fine. Is the spike real gold? I hope it's 1:1 and not 1:87.


By the way guys, I made some major revisions to the layout plan. Take a look the post and tell me if I'm still heading in the right direction.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon all! Thanks for the words of encouragement from you guys. The only thing that could be problematic for the award is the rolling stock requirement. It will depend on whether the AP person feels that I have done enough detailing on some the items....

Ray, if I can get the award, you certainly can.;) Soon, you can start thinking about the achievement certificates.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
afternoon all
Fergie Have a dog's nose on me;) :D ;)

just got back from the Zoo at Chester, what a mad day, it was great but VERY busy, with what seemed like a Zillion screaming kids,,,, and what a hike in prices from our last visit 18 months ago, we spent £100 and were only there 4 hours, now i have nothing to complain about with chester zoo,,,they do a fantastic conservation job, but the merchandising methods are cruel,,,to the parents wallet, i mean £4 for a kids baloon and £5 for a 2" temporary kids tattoo, let's see that will be £27 for three kids, LOL, then there is the overhead monorail, last time it was about £2, today almost £10, put all this on the £50 entery fee, ,, then take a seat and a stiff drink :eek:
apart from that it was great, Tigers, Lions, Comodo dragons, crocodiles, a walk through bat cave, full of all shapes and sizes of bats flying round your head (wife not happy at all) kids laughing,,, great fun.
 


100 %

Rhoward Go for it!
Cannot think any reason why they shouldn't give" you "the golden Spike: you diserve it 100 %
Just only watch this beautiful picture of your layout!!!
Btw: good evening/ good afternoon all. We had a superb sunny "spring"day and they forecast some more with very high temp: 26 degrees C.!! in april!!??
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


04-12-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Morning crew! Wet one here in the Mid-atlantic region.

Nah; cheaper to build my own.;)

Fergie - hope you get a lot of kits built on your cruise!

Steve - I hear ya about those zoo prices! I don't know if Britain is as lawsuit-happy as this side of the pond, but if so, then I'll bet that's behind the price hike for the train tickets: increased liability insurance premiums!

Ray - if I'm ever able to retire, I might take anoher shot at MMR. I learned the hard way that trying to superdetail a gazzilion models while having a daytime job and family responsibilities, is a recipe for burnout.
 
Morning Gents,

Toothache went away last night finally. The body's immune system is a wonderful thing.

Found a new spot to watch trains. It's a spot that overlooks the NS (old Pennsy) main. I don't have a super GRANDE camera, but I'll see if I can manage a shot.

Speaking of having a camera, this last weekend I was in Altoona looking for a hobby shop, missed it and ended up about 10 miles out of town in Duncansville. There sitting on the track along the side of the road was the cutest little blue critter. IF I remember correctly it was marked Everett RR. Of course, I did not have my camera.

Enjoy your day. Like Ken, I'm slogging to work.
 
Morning everyone. Chip I know what you mean by not having the camera at the right time. I'll either see some sweet looking streetrod or a train or something that really gets my attention and not have my camera for a picture. It's going to be another busy day, hope everyone has a good one.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

"It's another Rainy Day,
just a rainy, rainy day."

Another beautiful day here in the Finger lakes. Weather man says it could reach 41°F if we are lucky. Cloudy and drizzle is the MO for the day outside. Luckily I have plenty to do inside today.

Ken L, I am a long, long way from MMR. I should be about half way dome with a couple of the AP certificates. The "Golden Spike" just says that you have a working layout and have some clue of how to put together a Model Railroad...........
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top