Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Steve not much is new today just waiting for work to be over with for the day. How are you doing?
 
Evening. First of all,THANK YOU to everyone,for the Birthday wishes. Uh,Fergie,you might be right about the glasses. I may yet need reading glasses again.:eek: . As for making the printed word to small,well,that ain't all they be making small. I've lost small parts as well. Oh well. You know someone once said life begins at forty,so,does that mean that,for the last thirty-nine years,I haven't lived?:rolleyes: . Also,does this mean my warranty has expired? Oh great.;). Thanks again guys.Have fun.Cheers.William.
 
Happy 40th birthday William. Don't worry it will seem like the time flys by and you'll be staring at 65. That's me in November. Oh to be 40 again.
Nick: My son and I went to OKC last month to pick up some rail and stuff from Cannonball for his 7.5in gauge. They are just north of OKC. Give me a call or drop me a line if you are going to be down here.
KenL: So you are getting confident in installing those decorder thingys. I'll let you do a few more and maybe let you help me get convinced to go DCC. It would help if I could decide for sure that the layout is worth keeping.
Tomorrow a couple of friends and I are going to hit some hobby shops. I'm not after anything speicial just looking. Anybody guess how many times that statement has got me in trouble?
Good Night All
 


Evening all!
Don't be fooled by Carey's BBQ. To him, a good BBQ is scooping up some fresh roadkill possum on hot asphalt and splashing it up with Texas Pete hot sauce.:eek: :D :D :D (Just had to stick his balloon.) Yuk! Yuk!

I had a big fun day with CJ coming over to help me tear out old track and start laying it back down as per Plan 6957, rev.C, section 12.758, X:7:Y:13. of the Blackjack Coal mine. We had a good time lying and trying to impress each other with a lot of superfluous information...and even got a lot of track down that included a reversing loop and Wye combo. This is not as major as the steel mill relocation. It is more of revamp of the trackage for better operations from two directions. Soon as my engineering department get the changes entered into the drawing, I will post the results.


Like the accent fellows.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


05-10-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Mornin' gang,

Guess I was a tad uberkonfident yesterday with that decoder install, it did seem like things were going "too smooth to be true." I had the decoder all wired, I tested the bare chassis and it worked in both directions with lights; but when I put the shell back on, dead as dirt. It took another 20 minutes for me to discover that the left track pickup wire had been pulled out of the decoder when I mashed it into the shell. Oh well. At least it'll only cost me $14 to replace it.

Texas Paul - Do show us a list of what you get from your "casual" LHS visit! :D

Rex - that layout of yours is really growing like...umm...Kudzu. How 'bout some pix if you got 'em.
 
Good Morning.

I have to take my parents dogs to the groomer this morning. That means two things. #1.) I'll be using my father's car (Mercury Tracer, tiny, way underpowered), #2.) I'll have to take time off from work to bring them back home.

I'll have a funeral to go to soon also. One of my fellow fire fighters died in his sleep the other night. He was only in his fifties. At least he went peacefully.


Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/10/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 62°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph W

Today High: 82 Decreasing clouds. Patchy fog in the morning. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. Southwest winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

bacon.jpg
 
Hi guys,

What a difference a year makes. I was doing something that involved sitting so a grabbed a magazine of my shelf as I walked by. It was a RMC June 2006. I found myself turning to Scratchbuilder's Corner first, then looking over the modifications they had done to a boxcar. I'm sure I skipped over those articles when I bought the piece.

When I am back in I saw a book. Trackside Structures you can Model. It had two ways to scratch a turntable and how to design and scratchbuild a roundhouse. I liked one aspect of one turntable and another aspect of the other. So I'll combine the techniques.

That one thing about being new in the hobby. You can go back and read your old mags and find all kinds of neat stuff you never saw before.
 
Morning everyone!!

Nick: My son and I went to OKC last month to pick up some rail and stuff from Cannonball for his 7.5in gauge. They are just north of OKC. Give me a call or drop me a line if you are going to be down here.

Definately Paul, I can just drop my wife off at one of the malls down there and she'll be happy all day long.

Hey Chip do you think it would be possible for you to scan in the stuff on scratchbuilding a roundhouse?? I'm very interested in that article. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll see everyone back on the board next week.
 
Morni' Bill!

Mornin' Ken!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Mouse!

Mornin' NickB!

Nice of you guys to leave a booth open for me..... I'll have a quick cup of Java Flo. I Got to take old Sheila my geriatric kitty over to the vets for blood work this morning. They want to see if her meds are starting to work. She doesn't like to be left in that cage for long.

I finally had a few minutes to build a wooden fence for the Horse barn at the back of the layout. Would have been done 2 weeks ago but I ran out of "lumber". A delivery from Kappler arrived a few days ago so I'm back in business. Hope to get it installed sometime today. Other news is that I just got an e-mail from MicroMark telling me that my Bachmann USRA 2-6-6-2 to be added to my fleet is now in the hands of USPS somewhere between New Joisey and the Finger Lakes. I got the next to the last one they had! With two of them doubleheaded, I can pull a long enough train to tie up the mainline in two yards at the same time........LOL
 


Morning everyone!!



Definately Paul, I can just drop my wife off at one of the malls down there and she'll be happy all day long.

Hey Chip do you think it would be possible for you to scan in the stuff on scratchbuilding a roundhouse?? I'm very interested in that article. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll see everyone back on the board next week.


It's actually a Klambach book Trackside Structures You Can Build or something like that. There were two different types of turntables detailed. I don't have a scanner. Sorry.
 
Evening all!
Don't be fooled by Carey's BBQ. To him, a good BBQ is scooping up some fresh roadkill possum on hot asphalt and splashing it up with Texas Pete hot sauce.:eek: :D :D :D (Just had to stick his balloon.) Yuk! Yuk!


Like the accent fellows.

HEEYYYY! Don' be a dissin' my Q! At least I can cook!:D:p:p:D

Rex is right about one thing though! We had an absolute blast yesterday! We even got downright silly:D at times!

I believe that yall are really gonna like the changes done at the Mine. More switching opportunities and greater flexibility. All in all a big improvement in Rex's planning after I taught him how to do it right!:rolleyes:;):D (GOTCHA)
 
Afteroon All ! sorry had my morning coffee already but I'll take a long cool Ice Tea Flo ! Just another nice day inbetween raindrops. Gonna try and get some garden work done. Have a salubrios day all !!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
afternoon all,
Jeffery sorry to hear about your friend, but like you say he went the best way, in his sleap, that's how i want to go, just not yet.
 
A THOUGHT FOR THE DAY -

Medical Progress -

2000 BC: Eat this root, it will heal you.:D
1000 AD: That root is heathen; say this prayer, it will heal you. :confused:
1850 AD: That prayer is superstition; drink this potion, it will heal you.:confused:
1940 AD: That potion is snake oil; swallow this pill, it will heal you.:confused:
1985 AD: That pill is ineffective; take this antibiotic, it will heal you.:confused:
2000 AD: That antibiotic is artificial; eat this root, it will heal you.:D
 
Mornin' gang,

Guess I was a tad uberkonfident yesterday with that decoder install, it did seem like things were going "too smooth to be true." I had the decoder all wired, I tested the bare chassis and it worked in both directions with lights; but when I put the shell back on, dead as dirt. It took another 20 minutes for me to discover that the left track pickup wire had been pulled out of the decoder when I mashed it into the shell. Oh well. At least it'll only cost me $14 to replace it.

Ken, if it's heatshrink wrapped just cut it off and resolder the wire on the pc and then re-heatshrink it, easy I did it to a Soundtraxx LC.

Ken.
 
just treated myself to an airbrush set, a compressor, airbrush, hoses, regulators, water traps and a bunch of other bits, should keep me out of trouble for quite a while
 


..., should keep me out of trouble for quite a while
Yeah Steve - until Nicky see the credit card bill! :D :D

Ken, if it's heatshrink wrapped just cut it off and resolder the wire on the pc and then re-heatshrink it, easy I did it to a Soundtraxx LC.
Thanx for the tip! Actually Ken I thought about doing that, but I couldn't tell exactly where the broken-off wire had been attached (they're all scrunched so closely together and my eyesight ain't what it used to be). I'll go ahead and get the replacement, then maybe make a color-coded diagram of wire positions for future reference. Then later I'l try ressurecting the failed one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top