ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
D
This may seem ridiculous to some, but I just received my Rapido Canadian (its ridiculously fantastic!!) with 2 dual mode sound equipped FP9s. I'm old school and run plain 'ol DC with no interest in converting to DCC and sound.
I have three straight DC Rapido FP9s which run fantastic...
-
D
Hi Folks,
I have a new Kato EJ&E SD38 which I want to weather. I don't want to repaint it, but I want to put the stripes on the nose and rear - this means removing the J-ball from the nose. Any advice on how best to do this? I've read about using alcohol but I don't want to ruin the paint...
-
D
I bought two of them and was so pleased I bought a third! And they run superbly too. Can't wait for the GMD-1.
-
D
I'll add that not only do they look superb, but they are among the smoothest running locos I've ever owned. Equally as good as the best Atlas out there - and that is saying a lot!!
-
D
You're lucky indeed! I grew up in Toronto and watched these things all over the place. Never thought the day would come when they'd be gone.....
-
D
Hi folks,
I'm just getting started in painting and weathering my ho scale models with an airbrush. I've been reading a ton and got my first paints to test with - acrylics to start with. The nicest models I see always have a nice flat finish and I'm wondering what people are using? I've read...
-
D
Being a Canadian modeller I'm pretty impressed with the GP38-2W. Its going to be hard to top the new Atlas GP40-2W though - they run smooth as silk and I've had good and bad luck with Genesis engines. But I'll still buy one....
-
D
I think Rapido is doing a great job. They are producing high quality Canadian models that I never thought I would ever see modelled in anything besides brass. I have no problem putting $25 down to reserve an engine. I was hoping for a CN SW1200RS, but hey, the GMD1 is pretty close and I'll be...
-
D
Well I for one hope Bowser does more Canadian models. I have 3 of the C630Ms and I rate them a 9 out of 10. Yes, the lighting isn't the best but it could be a lot worse. Mine run very smooth - almost as good as an Atlas! Some details are incorrect (like dynamic brakes on the CN models) but...
-
D
That's a beautiful model! If you want to give it a good run feel free to send it my way.....
-
D
By hunting I mean lurching forward slightly faster, then slower, rather than a nice even speed. Its annoying whatever it is!
-
D
Hi all, I have a P2K SW9/1200 which is driving me nuts. I have a switching layout and love locos that crawl along at very slow speeds. This SW runs very nicely in one direction, but in the other direction it "hunts" a bit, and its most noticable at slow speeds. I've taken it all apart...
-
D
That Atlas MP15DC looks great!! And the CP Rail big alco is absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see my SD38s when they are finished.
For anybody interested, Efram is painting a pair of EJ&E SD38s for me and I highly recommend him if you are in need of some custom work.
Dave
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)