How to remove J-ball

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


DaveTheTrain

New Member
Hi Folks,

I have a new Kato EJ&E SD38 which I want to weather. I don't want to repaint it, but I want to put the stripes on the nose and rear - this means removing the J-ball from the nose. Any advice on how best to do this? I've read about using alcohol but I don't want to ruin the paint underneath it.

Any advice is appreciated!

Dave
 
Hi Folks,

I have a new Kato EJ&E SD38 which I want to weather. I don't want to repaint it, but I want to put the stripes on the nose and rear - this means removing the J-ball from the nose. Any advice on how best to do this? I've read about using alcohol but I don't want to ruin the paint underneath it.

Any advice is appreciated!

Dave

If it's factory without any clear coat; try a pencil eraser using it very carefully.

Jim
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top