Your favorite shots of 2007!

Maxi, I think the telephot lense is distoring how bad the track is, although it's not the world's best maintained track. NYSW, great series of pictures. One with a grade crossing signal in the middle of a track, another with street running in the snow, and the last showing a kid playing chicken with a train. Looks like he will qualify for th the Darwin Award one day. :)

WOW!!!

Some really amazing pictures guys. I don't think that I seen a bad picture in the whole bunch!!

Great work everyone:D

I'll share a few with ya.

I think this is the one that I like the most of my PVR pictures
DSCF2591e.jpg

I think this is my all time favorite picture that I have taken
DSCF1410.jpg

Just like this one for some reason
DSCF2234.jpg

And my "Boys" I like these two little guys
DSCF1171.jpg

maxi/up2csx, that track is actually worse then what you see. Its CSX's northern branch that see's maybe 4 trains per week. ONly a handfull of customers. The track gets worse in other sections where the train will actually be listing to one side pretty bad. Some spikes are dated to the early 1900's. And all they use is 6 axle power too.

The crossing protection in the middle of the track is deceiving. They hadn't installed the new panel track for the crossing to extend it to the laid track in the picture. Why they are creating a "pocket" track right next to this small station and only 20 feet from houses is beyond me.

But here is my RRPicturearchives.net pics. Some pics are just for hosting reasons.

Very nice photos, Ken. It's hard to tell which are models and which aren't.

NYSW, I'm amazed the FRA hasn't cracked on on that track, especially since it seems to run through a heavily populated area. I sometimes wonder why we even bother with the FRA since it seems like railroads do as they please anyway. :(

Very nice photos, Ken. It's hard to tell which are models and which aren't.

NYSW, I'm amazed the FRA hasn't cracked on on that track, especially since it seems to run through a heavily populated area. I sometimes wonder why we even bother with the FRA since it seems like railroads do as they please anyway. :(

lol, i should upload the pic i took of the railjoiner/spikes. Not one spike was holding the tie plate in or the rail. And its like this the entire length of the line except when you get down to the northern branch/riverline interchange.

Here is a pic of my crown jewel. The pic im most proud of, taken 8/2006.
august19thcsxcorrected.jpg

Back