Your favorite shots of 2007!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Post them up, Prototype, or model (model preferred). To keep one person from "flooding" lets keep it to your top 4 (max number of attachments).

Let us see what you're proud of!

100_1694.png

I am not really proud of anything specific. I am proud that I am getting back into it, and that I have 2 nice trains to start with.

Cool thread idea Josh!

As many of ya'll know, I haven't done much model RR photography this year because I've been working on historic industrial sites and prototype RR pics, but here's a few of my favs from 2007. Two from the Platte Canyon Sub and two from the prototype world.

F9_edited_Large_.JPG

IMG_6133.jpg

1634678468_09a23cecfc_o.jpg

1410152681_672faf1b0a_o.jpg

Great shots!

Here's what I came up with. My first BNSF New Image unit, my first custom painted New Image, and My layout taking shape...

This is one of my favorites. It also happens to be one of the last. Hopefully, I'll have bigger and better things to share shortly.

PB170067_edited.png

I still like these buildings. They will have some new friends on the next layout. I may even finish them!:D

PB170070_edited.png

Well here is a proto photo, one of my favorite locos taken on the CPR Kaministiquia Sub in Ont.
And here is a shot of the first train to run on the lower helix that I started earlier this week. Woo-hoo!
BTW: layout's coming along nicely, Josh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, I just love that last shot! I'll be back later with a contribution to this thread. Josh, thanks for starting it!

I like it, forgotten how i did it now, if you don't use photoshop for a while you forget how to use it :eek: must be my age ;)

OK then, I haven't got much to show, since my layout scenery is still not started, but I have a couple of shots I like.

BTW Corey, what brand are those buildings you got, they look awesome and I think they will fit perfectly on my 40's - 60's layout.

Station_Night3_sm.jpg

weathering_car_6_sm.jpg

Arch_7.jpg

Steam_Mountain.jpg

Maxi, the two on the left are either IHC or Model power. I don't remember which ones were which. They are old molds that a few companies have used. The one on the far left is still available from model power. The building on the far right is a DPM kit. I weathered the living daylights out of them! I prefer the older kits because they came with separate window frames and detail pieces. For less that $20, you get a decent starting point. The DPM kits look nice, but you better have a steady hand to paint the windows. I hope this helps. Nice progress pictures by the way.

Wow, some great shots, guys, both model and prototype. I wasn't here earlier in the year so I haven't seen some of these.

This is one of my favorites. I managed to catch the train and the overgrown right of way at just right angle and light, something I don't do too often.

638onGradeMedium.jpg

I like this one because I finally got my backdrop up and didn't have to look at green concrete wall anymore! :)

CSXGP-35leavingtownMedium.jpg

Jim, I really like your town scenes. One thing I've noticed though, is your new pine trees have a bit of a tropical feel to them. They seem to look like something I saw in Hawaii. Just an observation, I don't mean to offend. The lighting in your picture looks very realistic. Good work.

I kinda liked this one, though it's really just a piece of track in front of a background.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/N Scale Trains/7-3-070.jpg

These were done the same way, though I don't think they came out as good.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/N Scale Trains/SP4-8-4Nscale.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/N Scale Trains/11-29-07_edited.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/N Scale Trains/AutumnsRidge2007.jpg

The layout is still very much under construction, so there's not much to see there except possibly the worlds largest blue desert!

haven't showed up the last months but still read/watch the many interresting threads overhere in this forum!
This is one of them ! Thanks JOSH!
I like those threads starting with: the very best of...=)) just like a : SUPER Photo Fun...
So here is my "selection"...
It is the exact copy of the railwaystation of the town: Ottbergen in Germany in HOscale
ottbergenvm0.jpg

Apicture of our N modulelayout..
nbaumevi0.jpg

An image that is more imaginary ....
nscaleplanleftcornersmarw7.jpg

last one, because Iam a tree fan....a HO model of one of them...
detailbeneluxnr7.jpg

Jos

ps Steve B : Can/may I change my face to a more "satisfied" one...IF you could fix it again??? lol

Back