Your Favorite Scale

Your Favorite Scale

• Total voters
This question was asked in the HO Scale thread, wonder if that has anything to do with peoples choices;or, slanting the table towards HO.

HO has been my favorite since around 1960 or so! I liked it back then because it was more scale then O-27 or S (at that time) and kits for stuff was available that made HO the affordable scale. I like it today because of the myriade of stuff available for HO. However, just a few short years ago, far more stuff was available for people who like to build models in HO, then there are now! I think we can see the day when kits will completely disappear from this hobby I'm sorry; but, I think this is a crying shame! Maybe I'll be dead by then and this will make little difference to me, then!

Last edited by a moderator:
I model in HO. I started in N scale, but soon realized that you get more for the money in 1/87 and the detail was much better with more products available. Plus I really just love watching a 1/87 0-4-0 swaying on badly laid track as it works it's way through the switches on my yard lead...........:D

Just a thought...aint it kinda dumb to be asking what if our favorite scale in the "HO" scale section? My 2nd favorite scale is 1:87, but my real favorite is 1:1 scale, but its not listed on this forum, so I cant comment there.
Funny part about that is I am a conductor for Canadian Pacific, and so I go to work and play with my favorite scale so then I can afford to come home and play with my 2nd favorite scale!!

I started in HO, and ended up back to HO scale, after brief affairs in everything but S, TT and Z!
HO, IMHO, is not too big and not too small. Availability has always been the best too (even in these crazy limited-run, overpriced era were in now!)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?g4tl25
Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!

My model trains are all HO and all steam.

On the weekends though, I do volunteer work at a "railway museum" where I get to work on 1:1 scale trains. Our museum actually runs with passengers over a couple of miles of track many times a year. So, we're always working on the cars and the locomotives. Been doing this for 2 years now. Never worked on a railroad before, so it's a lot of fun.

Back