WPF for 16 - 23 October

why?! photobucket is ad ridden cr...p, lacking functionality. just like snap fish. i'll even take google pics for free hosting over those.

www.fotki.com
when you upgrade to premium acc (you can sign up for a free year) besides sharing, hosting, awesome print services, you get unlimited storage space. can you say backup of all pictures in ful resolution (not compressed to shit) you ever make?
i pushed over 15Gb mark and i don't care about HDD crash or CD's lost and broken. if you like taking picture, at 30$ regular (or 20$ during promotion )a year, i can't find anything better.

they do very poor advertising and relatively unknown, thats true.
Sounds good. I notice you didn't bother explaining that Photobucket Pro ($24.95 a year) offers all that too. And if you use Firefox as your browser the ads on the free accounts are a thing of the past.

Sounds good. I notice you didn't bother explaining that Photobucket Pro ($24.95 a year) offers all that too. And if you use Firefox as your browser the ads on the free accounts are a thing of the past.

i use the photobucket pro account and have never had a problem with ads or spam.

i use the photobucket pro account and have never had a problem with ads or spam.
I don't doubt it. I've used Pro as well but since I don't do as much rail fanning as I used to I dropped it and went back to the free accounts. I too didn't have any problems with ads and/or spam on Photobucket Pro and I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get it.

as with all things i guess it all comes down to marketing. somehow it is photobucket that became the synonym for free hosting despite the mediocrity and late start.

of course it is a matter of taste and habbit. i'm sure you will continue using what you are using. perhaps its just me having a thing for cleaner web pages . when those who are 5 years late to the game, still did not learn how to do things properly get recognition it just doesn't feel right.

here is 2 examples. the content of picture is besides the point , layout
random picture of random member on fotki.
http://public.fotki.com/bhouston/miscellaneous/signs-signs-everywh/dpp_0340jpg.html

random pic of random user on photobucket
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/thon_01_z/?action=view&current=DSC01999.jpg

anything that strikes you differently?

but then again it doesn't matter that much
sorry for off top

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a few things this week.

was down at the club with a CNW SD7 pulling some coal around
then took my IC hudson #1 and pulled a 70 car train around (with the help of a powered box car, shhh dont tell them I cheat!)

then tonight I finnaly got my little 2-8-0 spectrum to "shine"
IMO the stock head lamp was way too dim. So I relocated the led to the hedlight housing. you can see the little guy with the yellow light and then later with the Led relocated

Haven't been here since early September. But, an update!! Here is a picture of my wife & myself after we both qualified for engineer status on the Illinois Live Steamers railroad, 10-18-2009. Our first trip together.

as with all things i guess it all comes down to marketing. somehow it is photobucket that became the synonym for free hosting despite the mediocrity and late start.

of course it is a matter of taste and habbit. i'm sure you will continue using what you are using. perhaps its just me having a thing for cleaner web pages . when those who are 5 years late to the game, still did not learn how to do things properly get recognition it just doesn't feel right.

here is 2 examples. the content of picture is besides the point , layout
random picture of random member on fotki.
http://public.fotki.com/bhouston/miscellaneous/signs-signs-everywh/dpp_0340jpg.html

random pic of random user on photobucket
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r48/thon_01_z/?action=view&current=DSC01999.jpg

anything that strikes you differently?

but then again it doesn't matter that much
sorry for off top
Hope its not just me, those two links click through to the same image.

Joe, I'm living here in Florida. I'm starting to see a rise in that gauge here. RR's are popping up every where, when my job kicks in I can honestly see myself getting me a locomotive and joing the local club http://cpgrr.org/ ! Joe where did you get that SW? But don't tell Jerome!

heh screwed up creating proper link. the link wrappers had different labels but same URL. fixed now. but again, i guess it is not that important, there are bunch of services some better, some worse. the reality is regardless of quality people will use the ones that have better marketing team. sorry, i'm done complaining now :rolleyes:

Trent, awesome pictures. i'm not into steamers to much but first post , botom left is attention catcher

I don't doubt it. I've used Pro as well but since I don't do as much rail fanning as I used to I dropped it and went back to the free accounts. I too didn't have any problems with ads and/or spam on Photobucket Pro and I didn't have to jump through any hoops to get it.

i think its imageshack.com that i used a few times. That site was riddled with spam, ads, pop ups. I couldn't post links to show anyone my pictures cause it would cause them to get all this trash.

i think its imageshack.com that i used a few times. That site was riddled with spam, ads, pop ups. I couldn't post links to show anyone my pictures cause it would cause them to get all this trash.
That sounds about right. I tried Imageshack once and was very disappointed.

I've got about 160 pictures on my PhotoBucket acct. It's easy to use w/the bulk uploader & it's free. been thinking about changing over to pro to get the larger photo's.

Back