Wpf 9/25-10/1

Mayor Hastings managed to pull out of retirement an old Chevy Caprice for Battalion 6's chief. The vehicle is newly painted, and was originally purchased for the town PD, though it was used rarely, as the officers did not like it much, due to the luxury leather interior. When Battalion 6 lost it's Jeep last month during a wild fire, they immediately started looking for new vehicles, in "house" first. The caprice was found stored in a city warehouse with other "retired" police vehicles.

Ken, I guess it must be some kind of safety thing to keep workers from using the narrow walkways and handrails while the car was in motion. Still seems kind of dumb to me.

Josh, LOL, good back story. I think our old patrol cars went straight to a junkyard. :)

Ken, I guess it must be some kind of safety thing to keep workers from using the narrow walkways and handrails while the car was in motion. Still seems kind of dumb to me.

These days there's safety bars on everything. Working at an architecture firm, I find building code and OSHA regulations requiring guardrails on just about any kind of elevated surface... fortunately there is an exemption for areas where the process of installing a guardrail would put more workers at risk than the actual use of that area without a rail would!

Back in school one of the woodshop technicians would say that all the safety features actually made stuff less safe since it created a false sense of security and made folks less attentive. Of course by far the most dangerous things people did in school weren't with the sharp tools anyway but with their cars driving home on 2 hours of sleep...

Back