Wife Is Going To KILL Me!!!

waredbear

:eek: We went back up to Mt. Airy, NC (home of Mayberry RFD) to the train store that is closing. I went up there Thursday and picked-up a covered hopper and a 50' box car. I went back today and bought another covered hopper, a cylindrical grain hopper plus a 2 bay offset side hopper all in Great Northern. I also grabbed some couplers and some magnetic decouplers for when I get a layout. I picked-up some other odds and ends and everything was 40% off.

My wife went a couple of doors down to an antique store and bought some nick-nacks. She just came in and asked why I didn't ask her how much she spent today. My reply....it didn't matter. Hopefully she will remember that when she sees my receipt. Yea right. :( :eek:

Part 2

We get back home and go to Walmart. I look in the toy aisle and don't find any 1/87 vehicles. I go over to the Clearance aisle and find four CAT tractors already detailed for $9.00 each. There were two of each. I'll go back next week and hopefully snag them as well. :D These are my first vehicles for my layout someday.......

When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa.
Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

^^exactly - use the word "sale" when discussing this and wave your hand in front of her face slowly. for women, the word "SALE" works like a Jedi mind trick.

Hire a food taster and check your brakes before starting your car every morning. ;)

Looks like you got some good deals. Take Airlside's advice and spin the discussion toward Sale and Clearance and maybe she'll use a wiffle bat instead of a Louisville Slugger.

I simply do not tell my better half about my spendings, she'd go ballistic. "What? You paid $380 for a steam locomotive?..." Fortunately we each have our own allowance at the end of the month to do with as we please, needless to say mine goes all into Model Railroading.

Now I know I'm lucky because I was telling my wife about the stuff I purchased she didn't even seem to mind. In fact, she said she knows I use sound judgement when I shop so she didn't even want to know what I spent. I keep pushing to see how far I can go but as long as the bills are paid I don't think she will care what I spend and I don't care what she spends at the mall.
Dave

Now I know I'm lucky because I was telling my wife about the stuff I purchased she didn't even seem to mind. In fact, she said she knows I use sound judgement when I shop so she didn't even want to know what I spent. I keep pushing to see how far I can go but as long as the bills are paid I don't think she will care what I spend and I don't care what she spends at the mall.
Dave

Of all the advise, by the way thanks guys (gals if there are any, I don't want to leave you out) but of all the advise this one scares me the most. You can tell her that you bought a new engine for $400 and she doesn't flinch? :eek: What does she have up her sleeve? ;)

My wife asked me why I didn't ask her what she spent at the antigue store and I told her that it was okay what she spent. Knowing I had just spent $75 in the train store and I hoped she would pay the same respect back to me. She handles the checkbook so keeping it from her isn't an option. She will find out today when she writes in the weekends spending. I think I will try waving my finger in her face and tell her it was on sale for 40% off and that they were all cheaper than I could buy them in the Internet...even Evil Bay.

Just in case this is my last post....it has been fun guys.

:cool: R.I.P. :cool:
Reid

Now I know I'm lucky because I was telling my wife about the stuff I purchased she didn't even seem to mind. .... as long as the bills are paid I don't think she will care what I spend and I don't care what she spends at the mall.
Dave

Dave- You are the lucky one, that's what a women's reaction should be. Mine bought a DVD series a while back that I always use as levelage if she complains about my spending. Either that or I threaten to take up a really expensive pastime like Golfing.;)

Of all the advise, by the way thanks guys (gals if there are any, I don't want to leave you out) but of all the advise this one scares me the most. You can tell her that you bought a new engine for $400 and she doesn't flinch? :eek: What does she have up her sleeve? ;)

My wife asked me why I didn't ask her what she spent at the antigue store and I told her that it was okay what she spent. Knowing I had just spent $75 in the train store and I hoped she would pay the same respect back to me. She handles the checkbook so keeping it from her isn't an option. She will find out today when she writes in the weekends spending. I think I will try waving my finger in her face and tell her it was on sale for 40% off and that they were all cheaper than I could buy them in the Internet...even Evil Bay.

Just in case this is my last post....it has been fun guys.

:cool: R.I.P. :cool:
Reid

I guess I should have said that she would mind if I purchased things like brass loco that are over $400 each but I don't and she knows I wouldn't and that's why she never minds whatI purchase because I keep it in check myself. I don't spend more then I have and that's why we don't have problems with what we each spend. There is nothing up our sleeves and we keep no secrets from each other on what we spend. She will roll her eyes and at times I don't think she understands why I would buy what I buy but she is happy I found a hobby that keeps me happy and off the streets. I'm a lucky man!

Dave

Can I have your trains?

Sorry Cjcrescent but she didn't kill me so you don't get my train stuff. I just tore up the will leaving them all to you. She just saw the receipt and all she said was "you better not say anything about what I spend from now on".

Airslide, I did what you said..."wave your hand in front of her face slowly. for women, the word "SALE" works like a Jedi mind trick." The mind trick thing didn't kick in when I said they were on "SALE" and I picked them up at 40% off and that I helped the local hobby shop that was going out of business. She just repeated herself and told me not to say anything else when she buys something. I'm okay with that. That just means she can't say anything when I buy more train stuff. :)

Thanks guys for the advise....I'm still alive.

Back