Who moved my Photos?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Run

Diesel Detailer
To the person that moved my photos. I have removed all of my photos, my signature, and my avitar. I will no longer post at this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make me mad, too. Where were they posted originally and when did they disappear? I'm not sure how someone else could "move" your pictures...

Someone is cleaning house tonight. I just got about 20 emails saying my pictures have all been moved. I thought they were in my gallery????

I just got three email messages say that three of my photos had been moved and so far I don't see any change?

But why the emails and they don't appear to come from this forum??

Say Fellows,
This is really strange, I just got 58 email notices that various photos of mine have been moved and I don't even have anywhere near that many photos posted???

I think someone hacked into the user files and is trying to cause some problems !!

Think I'll contact Jeffery!

Yep it is strange and I am getting emails for every post ever made because someone is going thru posting to every thread ever invented.

Yep it is strange and I am getting emails for every post ever made because someone is going thru posting to every thread ever invented.

That may be me - I don't get time to visit this forum but once a week or so, and there have been a lot of interesting threads since I was here last... :eek:

It could've been me......

Hey guys, I believe it was me as I was trying to move a photo for a member into the photo contest thread.
After I realized the goof up, I hurried to fix it and everything should be fine now.
Didn't realize the extent of my super moderator powers....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I too got many messages, some duplicates saying my photos had been moved, but it wasn't clear from where to where. I thought they were just in my personal gallery. Don't really care though, not like the original poster who is quitting and taking his marbles home! Geese, some people are sooo sensitive!

Didn't realize the extent of my super moderator powers....:rolleyes:

And it was then he realized he must use his new found powers for good and not evil, to benefit mankind and not give in to the temptations of the dark side.

For with great powers came great responsibility, and with great knowledge came the occasional migrane and the odd thought of switching scales.

And he thought to himself "Hey poop happens, that's why they call it poop"

For he was and always would be (with his hands planted firmly on his hips, looking to the skies) "Moderator Man"!

Suppa hero

For he was and always would be (with his hands planted firmly on his hips, looking to the skies) "Moderator Man"!

Just pictured myself standing on a small pile of keyboards with a cigar in mouth, coffee stained shirt untucked and blowing in the breeze, engineers cap on my head with a rolled up copy of MR in back pants pocket!
Yeah........I'm cool. :D

LOL SH*T happens,:D Well yes the forum may be over moderated but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't believe the moderators are over moderating and that is a good thing.
I've been moderating on this forum for (well let's just say a very long time) and I have no idea of how to move photo's around, so the "Old Guy" :D is doing OK, it just takes time to learn the Bells and Whistles of the job, and he's only been at it for a short time.
The main thing here is not to get to overly excited about it (" Bad for the Heart anyway") . A lot of those emails are most likely generated by the soft ware so the moderator has no control over them.
Guess I'll have to post some pictures so I don't get left out the next time :D

Cheers Willis

I guess River Run ... run. Personally I think the forum is great and I wish I had more time to spend here and more to offer. Maybe soon!!

I would like to thank all the moderators and anyone else involved with the forum. I know it is alot of work and tons of time involved in keeping thinks going.

Thanks, Tom

Indeed, vBulletin will generate automatic e-mails if any photo posted under your ID is moved but that's only so you can track where your photos go - copyright issues and all that. Old 97 just did a little more moving than he thought since moving one picture automatically changes the position of all the other photos in a thread, hence all the e-mails. I think you'll find that your photos are right where you left them.

River Run, this kind of thing happens occasionally and it's not a cause for alarm. This forum is so well moderated that I doubt we'd ever see a wholesale trashing of anything here. If you're still reading messages, come back, all is forgiven. :) Just don't be so quick to pull the trigger next time and assume there a serious problem when it may be something trivial.

45 emails yes 45, on my other forum i moderate on, our set up with VBuletin does not do that when i move pics or whatever, ???

I got about three pages of "moved" messages too. If a mod moves an image in the gallery to another photo category, the email message is generated to the owner of the image. You should still be able to see your images at the "my photos" link in the gallery even if they are in a new category. Unfortunately, I'm missing quite a few images in my gallery. The missing images show up as "missing thumbnail". When the link is clicked on, the base image isn't there... I'm not sure what's going on. Do you have any idea Mike?

I'm missing quite a few images in my gallery. The missing images show up as "missing thumbnail". When the link is clicked on, the base image isn't there... I'm not sure what's going on. Do you have any idea Mike?

Eric,

I saw that too, but didn't pay attention to it. I just assumed some folks had linked up a photo here from photobucket.com or something. I clicked a button once, saw the mistake and clicked it again in reverse order.
I still didn't understand fully what had happened and repeated the reverse process once more. Rest assured, I now know how to move a photo.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back