Whats your favorite peice of railroad equipment?

Those big hooks are mighty tempting but my favorite is still a PFE 40' ice reefer. There's just something about the color scheme and longevity of the cars that I like. My second choice would be something like this: :)

UPRiOCar.jpg

Here are my two favorite pieces of equipment - Praxair's fleet of liquid hydrogen tank cars, and the venerable switch stand. Praxair has a fleet of 16 of these cars, and a batch of a dozen are my next scratch building project (they're almost always run in back-to-back pairs, so it's really more like 6). I especially like the little enclosures at the filling ends of the cars.
And here's my collection of switch stands, awaiting some restoration.

Well if we're talking 1/1 scale goodies then I'm changing my druthers.
This is my favorite little critter, a diesel/mechanical Plymouth 10 tonner I hope to restore next year.
I'm working on getting a GE 35 tonner that I used to run when I worked at a coal plant next.

I would have to Say KCS SD40-2 #682
pictures%5C27788%5CIMG_8485.JPG

KCS SD40X #700
pictures%5C8862%5CKCS%20700%20%201-1-06%20%20CXSH%20%20W%20Simsboro.jpg

KCS SD70ACe #4037
pictures%5C41010%5CKCS%204037%20-2A%20at%20Council%20Bluffs%20IA%209-4-07%20%201024N.JPG

and KCS FP9,1,2,FP9B,3
And all of the rest of the KCS Units

Well, not really being a Railroader, either by occupation or disposition. (I'm a modeler and my current project happens to by a railroad.) That said, I love dome cars and pointy observation cars! Favorite loco - E-units.

Well if we're talking 1/1 scale goodies then I'm changing my druthers.
This is my favorite little critter, a diesel/mechanical Plymouth 10 tonner I hope to restore next year.
I'm working on getting a GE 35 tonner that I used to run when I worked at a coal plant next.

That is just too cool!!!! I can just imagine the jaw drop when someone walks out with you to check out your Plymouth restoration, and see this...

I love Allegheny type steam engines 2-6-6-6!! #1601 at the henry ford has a special place in my heart because i proposed to my wife next to her!!!!

I also like the ugly duck the BL-2

My all-time favorite locomotives are UP's Big Boy and their DDa40X Centennial. I can't help it, I just love those monsters! I'm heartbroken that steam was gone before the DD's were introduced. Can't be prototypical and run them together on my layout! LOL

As for models, I'm a sucker for Bachmann's 4-8-4. Don't understand it. None of them run all that well, even the newer ones. But I'm constantly bidding on them on eBay, looking to pick them up cheap. I have about half a dozen in pieces in a cigar box. Future projects, you know! LOL I have 4 or 5 more in more or less running condition. Just can't help myself!

I'm almost as bad with Atlas' old 0-4-0 slope back switcher. I think I have about 6 of them, most in running condition, a few for rebuild projects. Bachmann made the same loco, but it's nowhere near what the Atlas models are!

Darrell, quiet...for now

Besides the tooter caboose, my totally favorite piece of real railroad equipment is this... :)

FahrradNeu11-4-05Kl.jpg

Back