Whats your favorite peice of railroad equipment?

Littlefoot14

Id like to hear about you favorite type of Prototype railroad equipment. Please be really specific. Pictures would be great too!

Mine? Well i really like Jordan Spreaders
402896_3.jpg

Union Pacific 1989 has a special place in my heart as well. Along with the DD40AX's as well.
UP1989DSchaaf.jpg

*i dont own any of the photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be my Sunset N&W "M" class 4-8-0's. I have 2 now. Both run smooth as silk. In the "Real World" I'd have to say the N&W Y5's and Y6's.

Favorite piece eh? Wow, tough one.
I guess if the house were burning down and I had just enough time to save something it would have to be my Genesis F45 and a hand full of coal cars.
Okay if I had time to go back in for one more grab... the rest of the coal cars.

this is my first post on this site and i just have to answer this question...

my favorite piece of prototype equipment is probably the grand trunk line car ferries that were used in the great lakes, this is because i happen to be interested in ships as well but if that doesnt count as prototype equipment then i would have to say that my next favorite piece of equipment is probably the GS4 daylight #4449 locomotive in real life and in model term my favorite are KATOs n scale budd RDCs

Last edited by a moderator:
also i am still trying to figure out all of the model railroading terms and i am also still young so please take it easy on me if i post something stupid or incorrect

I would have to say 1920's-1930's boxcab locomotives! I had no real intrest in them until I needed a good n scale industial switcher for the 1930's era. It Forced me to study the era I was modeling and I found the rarely modeled switcher. http://sbiii.com/jfcageir/ageir5.html

picture.php

picture.php

Next would have to be the UP's Gas Turbines and U50's!
picture.php

What can I say I like odd locomotives!:D

Neat stuff so far guys, keep the pics coming!

CaseyJones- Dont worry about age, im only 14 and theres a few more members here about 15-18. Just one tip though: try not to type like youd send a text message, the older members seem to appreciate it.

I'd have to say mine would be CP's 9515 AC4400CW

cp9515.jpg

Then it would be CPR's Frieghtliner boom truck. I actually got to operate this in the Detroit/Windsor tunnel when I had to replace a bunch of 8'' pump discharge piping after a double stack that was too high went through when it was supposed to go over at Sarnia. CPR's guys were cool shit, they gave me a tour of the tunnel and took me over to the Detroit side.

cpmow.jpg

My all time favorite just has to be the little tooter caboose...

IMG_3613.jpg

It was a pristine 57 year old all cast metal kit that, oddly enough, was manufactured in a local town not far from where I live today. :)

Greg

I have had a thing for Interlocking towers for quite sometime now. Kind of breaks my heart they have been dissappearing since the early 90s.

Back