What is it??

Obviously it looks like some sorta snow plow but is that what it really is? I have never seen it before and Ive worked in the small town its parked in for 3+ years.

DSC01361.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01366-1.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever it is, its ugly....lol

I seen it when i pulled up at the gas station and the only thing that came to mind was "What in the $&% is that".

I really hope its there tommarow so I can get some good pics. Ill try n get em in the morning when its not so sunny.

It would make an interesting piece to model thats for sure.

Maybe ill get lucky and some of the RR guys will be around there & i can ask.

It's a Jordan spreader used to level ballast and clear snow.
I love 'em!

Is this on the Washington central?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a combo snow plow and pickup truck.

There's a WTF kitbash category? How did I not hear about this before? (evil grin)

Jordan spreaders have been around for 50 or so years, this one has an optional plow on the front. Walthers offered a kit not too long ago, but with a different front plow.

Here's a shot of one I took locally several years ago, being used as a snow plow.

The "wings" can extend to dress/shape ballast on the shoulders and to clear drainage ditches. Mostly used for snowplow duities. Can use the wings to push snow away from the tracks. Not used as much for ballast anymore, they use "ballast regulators" to do that now.

ok well that makes a lil more sence. There has been quite a bit of track work being done lately, but I have not seen it used.

Also got more pics today will add them to the top post.

I have pictures somewhere in my archives of the Wash. Central spreader in Yakima many years ago. They look the same.
Steve

Back