What do you think of this house?

lionelbrickhouses003.jpg
lionelbrickhouses002.jpg

It's a very clean crisp build, though it does not look a residence to me at all. It is very reminiscent of many small business, like a small family restaurant or store.

I never thought of that. You know if I added some roof signage and maybe some advertising on the walls with a coke machine in front who knows. Great idea.:D

Nice!

It looks like some of the nicer places you see out in the "sticks" where well-to-do farmers and horse breeders might dine. So make sure there's a few large pick ups with horse trailers parked in front.

Very nice...that's first. :) But I agree that it isn't a house/home. The first thing that came flooding to me, from somewhere in the far recesses of my memory, is "Feed Store". Something like a Buckerfields, Purina Feeds, maybe a tackle shop...?

Crandell

It looks like it would make a great business of some sort, but to me the tin on the roof looks out of scale.

First thing I saw was a "Cracker Barrel" restaurant. To make it more "homey", all standard size windows in the front and a single door size would bring it on home.

I like it. I am thinking rural Western wear and feed store too. Put a parking lot in front and a pre-fab metal structure out back with feed stock and a forklift and some hay and alfalfa bales in it and you're set. Some Stetson, Ariat, Tony Llama, Wrangler and Resistol signs, maybe an ad or two for a local rodeo or livestock auction and it'd make a great scene seldom modeled on a model railroad.

Great work!

It looks like it would make a great business of some sort, but to me the tin on the roof looks out of scale.

I agree. It looks about twice normal size to me. Also, that style of metal roof (round corrugated) is not generally found on buildings of that type. Crimped (v shaped rises) or standing seam tends to be used instead.

Someone will now document numerous exceptions to that. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Take off the end without the porch, take off the porch, replace the roof with shingles at half the pitch and you could have a mid-centry brick ranch house with a fireplaced living room.:)

As it is I thought of a business first also, and not a house.:confused:
Weather is some, slap a sign for weed and feed on it, throw some pallets with sacks of seed, or pellets for pellet stoves stacked on 'em under the porch and you might have a winner!:D

Except for the metal roof it also reminds me of a "window and door" store around here.:)

Place some tractor and farm equipment outside it and it could be also be a farm implement dealer.:D
Oh, the possibilities are endless!
________
FIX PS3

Last edited by a moderator:

Back