What are you buying this Month?

Paint booth, paint and decals, reference books, some surprisingly useful magazines and a N scale Kato F7A off ebay. But the month is still young, so I'm sure there will be more.

Well it's hard to turn down a sale item when it's something you've been eyeing for a while, so I fell victim to Trainworld's Labor Day sale. It's hard to have a locomotive (TRE 121) without something to pull, so I splurged and got the TRE bilevel commuter car set from Rapido. The level of detail is amazing...worth the wait! Might not have something to buy next month.:p

IMG-7074.jpg

IMG-7075.jpg
IMG-7077.jpg
IMG-7078.jpg

IMG_0636.jpeg

A bunch of couplers for scratch built cars, some wheel sets to upgrade cheap-ish plastic trucks, and trying out a few of the 20 ton arch bar trucks from Tahoe on the recommendation of a fellow forum member. Threw in the book on styrene modeling to push me into free shipping territory, maybe I just dislike styrene modeling because I’m bad at it? 😃

😂 :DYes it would have been nice, but seeing my working week has been cut to 4 day's, I have to listen to my wallet.
Only working 4 days a week gives you one more day for model railroading. ;);)
That Electro Motive diesel is definitely an eye catcher however the CN car sure adds some color.

Only working 4 days a week gives you one more day for model railroading. ;);)
That Electro Motive diesel is definitely an eye catcher however the CN car sure adds some color.
Yes, I do like the "Demo" colour scheme, would certainly brighten up any freight train, and it seems Bachmann are the only ones who made this model.
What people don't realise is that this colour scheme was only applied to one half of the car, the other side is plain grey, so maybe I should get a second car. 🤔

Last edited:
Yes, I do like the "Demo" colour scheme, would certainly brighten up any freight train, and it seems Bachmann are the only ones who made this model.
What people don't realise is that this colour scheme was only applied to one half of the car, the other side is plain grey, so maybe I should get a second car. 🤔
Intermountain and Rapido produced it as well.

Nothing of note. Some lumber to finish the benchwork for my layout and maybe some track. Money's pretty tight for me right now, so I'll have to buy all the track I need a little bit at a time.
That's how I got to where I'm at.... very slowly!

The layout will be there whenever you feel like spending money on it and in the meantime you can research and plan so you may end up getting more bang for your buck in the end!

Really, I did look, but could only find Bachmann versions, I think it's either Athearn or Walthers are selling them on their website
Here is the Intermountain version, don't know if it's still available.

The Rapido version.

Finding them might be a chore.

I made the misteak of calling BLI to get a replacement shell for my Centipede. The letters and numbers were falling off.
the misteak was when the girl in the parts dept. asked if there was anything else. I also got a new pilot for an M1a that lost a footboard in a collision. And a new F7A with dcc and sound for cheap.
IMG_0052.jpeg

Here is the Intermountain version, don't know if it's still available.

The Rapido version.

Finding them might be a chore.
Hatton's are sold out, and there not expecting anymore, they only got a few in to start with, HO isn't a big seller in the UK.
I checked Rapido's UK website, they don't have any at all, and I found the Intermountain one but only in the US, and I'm not paying $60 plus P+P, (which makes it close to $100)

Back