Weekly Photo Fun Feb. 28 - Mar. 5

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
OK, Lets get the thread going, shall we. Seems we missed last week completely. Please remember the title of the thread folks! The last one ended up with 27 posts in it. Only 10 of them had any photos.... So lets show your PHOTOS!!! We want to see what you have been doing. ;)

I have started the new area at Kanadaqua that will be next to where the Girder Bridge sits. This will be an industrial siding eventually. What exactly it will serve will depend if what I want to put there will fit....

KanadaquaIndSiding01w_zps2vxo44mh.png

You can see the girder bridge a bit better in this shot...

KanadaquaIndSiding02w_zpsfzkzhkl8.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my contribution for the week, looks like I was focused on the power pole details, although there is a bunch of other stuff going on:

utilitylines7 002.jpg

Posted this on the Coffee Shop. Finally got the sand towers up on the layout and will start detailing the area.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Everyone looks like they are having fun this week! All I have been doing is organizing and speed matching...

image.jpg

Might as well...

One project I was particularly proud of, making an old 1970 N-scale C-liner look decent as a dummy and wiring it to a B unit. The light gray is ALL decals, no touch-up paint, which I think actually makes me a god of decals or something. That was not easy :D

DSCF3291.jpg

Please remember the title of the thread folks![/ QUOTE]Discussing the photo's and having the side discussions that they evoke is the "Fun" part.

I absolutely agree. If you just post photos and nobody ever even says "good job" or anything, it would take pretty much all of the "fun" out of it. While validation isn't absolutely necessary, it's sure as heck nice to hear folks tell you you've done a good job.

On one of my car forums, in the same sort of thread, they have the rule, No posting comments unless you post a picture of your own.

On one of my car forums, in the same sort of thread, they have the rule, No posting comments unless you post a picture of your own.

Okay, then, I guess I give in to the trend. I'll never tell anyone I like their work again unless I have some picture to post.

Oh, and...don't wanna break the rules. Here's a random picture:

npbl011.JPG

Yeah I guess that was my bad, kind of went way off topic with that loco I'm going to inspect...:rolleyes:
Here's a trailer I did up for the local crew, a Kibri lowboy in HO.
image.jpg

Well....... Sorry guys! I didn't mean to start a controversy. I was just hoping that there might be a few more photos in the Photo Fun Thread....

I also like to get comments about my work and like to read comments about other people's photos. If there are any (photos)... LOL

Rico, nice job on the Tractor Trailer with the Tractor on it!

I'll follow the trend and not put another photo in. Pardon the interruption........:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots of great photos this week.

Ray ... I Like seeing your layout progress.
Cory ... Your bridge photo is a classic.
LASM ... Your scene looks good.
Chet ... Very nice engine terminal.
George ... Your viaduct project is coming along nicely.
Adam .. Of course we all take time as you did this week for the organizing, etc.
Terry .... I like the GN and BN photo.
Karl ... Your 2-8-0 looks great.
Mike the NYC passenger train looks very nice.
Rico ... I like your truck.

Currently, I am running a passenger train with an "elephant style" locomotive consist. (All units face forward.).. The CB&Q often operated elephant style locomotive consists on passenger trains especially in the 1960's. My train is departing Union Station.

e7%20e8%20e7%20_zpsqs70ypgu.jpg

CBQ%20Es_zpsyaoyr26a.jpg

Currently, I am running a passenger train with an "elephant style" locomotive consist. (All units face forward.).. The CB&Q often operated elephant style locomotive consists on passenger trains especially in the 1960's.
It looks good with three units. Trying that with only two doesn't convey the same message as three or more do.

Do you have any more information about the prototype photo? I would gather it is in Ill. or Iowa somewhere along highway 34 due to the double track mainline, but what train, time, etc. could be nice to know. Is that first head end car a NYC mail box?

Back