Weekly Photo Fun 8-6/8-12

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1011172.jpg

I call this an invasion of the EVIL ONES:eek:

b.png

It is a dismal day at Clifton Forge, even looks dreary:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha! It's the weekend again.... I sometimes lose track as every week around here has 6 Saturdays and one Sunday in it.........

I have been continuing to take and analyze photos using my new 10-22MM lens. Here's some I'll share.

Around the Roundhouse area at Hopewell Junction:

10-22mmAshPit01w.png

Roundhouse10_22mm5w.png

A couple of the yard area itself:

10-22MMHopewellYard1w.png

Including "Guy's Gas". Guy is really into the new petroleum thing. His wife's name is Ethel.

10-22MMGuysGas01w.png

And a couple of the yard lead area:

10-22MMYardLimit1w.png

10-22MMYardLimit2w.png

I see the signal gang is hard at work maintaining lights today,
wm3799.jpg

Oh no! :eek: The evil empire has arrived!!
2225and%20mate.jpg

We have received a new train for the Montreal-New York trip :)
4867554803_920577a9fa_b.jpg

The trip aint cheap but luxurous !
4868171364_caef65ef09_b.jpg

Very nice stuff so far.

Ray, that new lense really shows off your work. Any time you can get that close and it still looks good, you know you've done a good job with the scenery.

LOL, Lester, they might be the Evil Ones, but most of us would kill to see them in regular service again. Them;s some nice models.

Michael, that's a good looking forest, but I think the bears might have trouble making it over some of that deadfall. :) It looks a little large compared to the size of the trees.

Julien, that Acela actualy does look evil from that angle. :D Maybe it's the camera angle, but it looks like you have nasty kink in the track that comes off the switch in the second photo.

Jamie, nice job so far on the engine, but I just can't get used to Pan Am Railways. Still looks like it should be on the side of a 707.

RAY what scale is your layout? it looks GREAT

Thank you, sir! Also Lester and Jim. Layout is HO. One thing I have found with this lens is that there is a tendency to slightly under expose the image. Went back and looked at the images this morning and realized I should have adjusted the exposure with Photoshop. A small change can make a big difference in the photo.

This:

Roundhouse10_22mm5aw.png

as opposed to this:

Roundhouse10_22mm5w.png

The top photo looks closer to what the scene is under the stock lighting, and shows up some loco details better.

I was just hanging around at the station and heard a rumbling noise to my right. When I looked there it was coming on strong. I know this isn't the worlds best photo but this beast was coming at me at about 200 mph, or it seamed that way.

100_3082.png

That guy is either crazy or got guts.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The only thing that give it out is the coupler !

UP2CSX: there was a kink on the track , i took care of it with a plier. thats the only bad thing with flextrack, when making a curve the end of the track dosent bend as much as the middle

Back