Weekly Photo Fun 11-20/Turkey Day!

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
DSCN2250.jpg

Nice shot Jeffrey!

It looks like someone "tagged" a boxcar in the yard. Kilroy was here. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. DJ.

P1040266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought everyone would like to see one of the techniques that I use when setting roof rafters when a fully detailed interior is called for. In the first photo you can see the Evergreen strips that are used to space out the joists evenly. Each has a scrap piece glued to it so it catches on the building ridge to keep it from sliding, one of these can be seen on the second spacer from the right which is turned upside down. Third shot shows different spacers being used to spread the nailers for the corrugated roofing.

Building shown is the stock house for the Cranberry Iron Works on the Tweetsie in Sn3. Gap in the rafters at the ridge line is where the open clerestory is going.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Matt, great idea for getting all those joists on evenly. I never would have thought of that but it's a very elegant solution.

Jeffrey, that's a classy looking trailer.

DJ, I actually remember back in the days when Kilroy did show up on car sides. That, along with other chalk markings from railworkers and a few railfans. Grafitti isn't anything new, it's just a little more overpowering now. Nice scene and nice set up. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else here also.

I've had the opportunity to get some work done on the layout since August, so here are some progress photos.

I'm building a brewery complex and REA transfer facility, as well as cold storage.
15849_509450780555_116400015_30379997_8359108_n.jpg

15849_509450805505_116400015_30380002_4132657_n.jpg

I've also been building and decaling this GP-9.
15849_509450785545_116400015_30379998_5364692_n.jpg

Adam, looks like you're making a lot of progress. Are you planning on laying down some foam before you start tracklaying? Good work on the Black Widow Geep too.

Jeffrey, was the UP trailer white or did you repaint it? I don't think I've ever seen a white UP trailer.

Okay you guys have me confused... I always thought Thanksgiving was the fourth Thursday?
Oh well, dumb Canuck! Happy holidays!
Looks like we're off to a great start, nice work guys!
I actually did something for a change.
This will be the new home of Vandaly Industries, home of fine latex and latex products, after the demolision of the previous layout.
(I ran out of parts of course so construction is at a standstill)

I see some very nice imagery this week. The rafters and building is really a brilliant bit of work...well...a lot more than a mere bit. :)

In my case, I have two images of a new pair of covered hoppers delivered to the Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway. They are being towed through Seneca Yard behind a well-used Hudson.

IMG_6253csharadj.png

IMG_6243csharadj.png

-Crandell

Rico, it's all Jeffrey's fault. :) Are you using Walther modulars for the latex plant? I always liked buildings stuck away in those little used spaces on a layout.

Crandell, nice engine and nice hoppers. It's interesting, when comparing the black on the hoppers and the black on the tender, how many different shades of black there are.

Finally started working on the layout again since it has cooled down a bit. Seems like I haven't did anything forever. Also, built this Kibri rail crane this past week.

Still no trains on my pictures BUT a vehicle! also not as much horsepower as those huge beasts as shown overhere! lol ;-)
f_l1otek481c6m_669ba2a.jpg

and one from the back that wich will never be visable for the spectators on mrr-shows
pict02522g.jpg

Jos

Jim you're right about the Walthers modulars, I'm building this out of leftovers which is why I ran out. I ran into the city today for the parts I was short... now I have more leftovers so I guess that means another building!

And yes I'm going to blame the way I misread the turkey Day thing on Jeffery. :D
Not right now tho, I just checked and he's on line. :p

Back