Weekly Photo Fun 11-20/Turkey Day!

Rico, When Walthers was selling all of their modulars at deep discounts I bought a ton of them. I used a lot on the Docks that I built & the surrounding buildings, but had a lot leftover & I've been trying to figure a way of using them up on another building, but, no room left. I'm thinking about cutting down the size of my container yards & adding a slew of warehouses w/docks the full length. I had a nice set of background buildings that I took out when I added all of the refinery stuff I bought. I could add structure to those BG buildings & have some nice Railfront loading doors & then use the modular stuff to add all of the office space. Just a thought, maybe not pertaining to your thread thou.
Know me, just ramble on & on. Long winded old ( ).

and one from the back that wich will never be visable for the spectators on mrr-shows
f_18ju8j7thppm_b94ec47.jpg

Jos

And unfortunately at this moment anyway it is not visible to us here either!

I see the same placeholder but no picture, Jos. I really like the house and truck. I'm sure the truck is going to a railroad line somewhere. :)

Rico, that building will look good when it's done. The Walthers modulars are really a great idea for "scratchbuilders" who don't want to start from ground zero.

Larry, did Walthers discontinue the modulars or did they decide to keep them going? That's quite a crane you built. Looks good on the tracks.

Josh, I didn't know Bosco was doing figures from the Old G&D Lines. Pretty neat looking little guys. That got me to thinking. Did John ever trademark or copyright any of his work? If so, was it passed as part of his estate? I see G&D cars and structures for sale frequently and wondered if the makers had to pay any licensing fees.

President Bubba finally broke down and used some of the stimulus money for a yard office for the P&N. It ain't much but it beats hanging around the engine house, since it even has air conditioning! Here, Bubba is admiring the final product while the leased #1180 works the yard:

100_1735.jpg

The UP local slides into town past the new digs for the P&N:

100_1736.jpg

Looking up First Ave., past the leafy glades of the courthouse. The boys are still working on that busted pipe further up:

100_1738.jpg

The caboose trails the local as it leaves town. The leaves are starting to turn and the grass is starting to die back as the first touches of fall reach the Southland:

100_1737.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffrey, I took 3 of those Hotels on my last layout & made a skyscraper out of it. It looked kinda funny because it was like a square tube w/windows. It was 9 boxes high.
Got a lot of comments from visitors over the years.

More nice work guys
Jeffrey, Larry, I stacked two of those kits up. See below.Guy at the Naperville show sells a building thats like three wide and two tall.
Jim, busy looking place your layout, lots of interesting details.
These pictures are from Jan '08,

Hey Guys,

Heres a few of mine, nothing new at the moment...moneys tight...but im trying to find creative ways to show off my stuff :rolleyes:

The first one is a detail shot of one of my P&W Dash 8-39B's, the second one is another angle with a custom painted hand brake wheel to match the prototype #3901

Then the third one is my NS Dash 8-40C and my Kato BNSF SD70MAC tugging a medium sized string of freight.

Enjoy!

stuff017.jpg

stuff019.jpg

stuff025.jpg

New toy added to the collection

atlas silver

DSC0931811111111111111.png

Him and his brother meeting for the first time

DSC093253333333333333333333333333.png

Customizing an older Maisto (like hot wheels) lowboy

trailer.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, The last time I looked on the Walthers site they were still selling the modular kits, but at the original price. They are still down on some of the mod. sections that they had sold out of for the sale.

Done a little work on my layout...Have added a small yard with a dual loco shed....Just next door is a small park where the kids can play and watch the trains!!!

P1020545.jpg

P1020546.jpg

P1020549.jpg

QHS #1102 rolls out of the paint shop with reporting marks and its road number done... All that's needed now is the capacity data and a silver roof.

Hopefully this car makes it further then QHS 1100 did...

I have not gotten much at all done this week. Too many other commitments and still waiting for a couple of Torti to arrive to finish up the stub end switches. Here is the second one that will receive one of the Tortoise machines on order. Like the other it was scratch built back about 25 years ago.

Logging06w.png

A couple other shots of the work on the logging section of the layout from the other side of the peninsula. You can see where one of the tracks has been removed and new track laid giving a more usable curve for the siding:

Logging07w.png

Logging05w.png

A few more photos of the Cranberry Iron Works stock house. First shot shows the entire project base, it is 44" deep and 69" wide. Second and third shots show some details of the stock house and related trestles. Last shot shows the limestone end of the trestles, note that the trestles and the stock house extend "into" the backdrop and are there fore cut off at the angle of the wall. The white mock up on the left of this photo is the machinery shop on the ground floor and carpenter shop on the second.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Had some extra film in the freezer, so I though I'd have a little fun with the ole Brownie and a pinhole conversion. Here it's face to face with no. 9700, where they stayed for a 35 minute exposure... and I still think that wasn't enough. Will continue experimenting.

Thanks, DJ. The weeds are a floral item called "mood moss". It comes in several different colors, including a light brown and green mixture. I just tore it up and hot glued it in place.

Jeffrey, I remember building that hotel from a kit a long time ago. Who makes it now? Your brickwork is looking good.

Tom, nice looking Conrail engines. That low boy looks like it took a bit of work to get it to scale.

GGP, I've never seen that engine house model before. who makes it? Nice looking job on construction. Your kids are laying on the same playground equipment I have behind my church. That salesman gets around. :)

Josh, looks like your exchange car is coming right along.

Ray, the stub end switch is still pretty cool for being 25 years old. Looks like the new logging section track will be a little easier on those Shays. I had thought about doing a layout of the Carson & Colorado narrow gauge until even my small track plan showed I'd need about 20 hand built stub switches. :eek:

Matt, I like the trestle bents inside the stock house. Will the whole stock house eventually have a roof?

Charles, a 35 minute exposure? That must be one tiny pinhole. :)

Tom, nice looking Conrail engines. That low boy looks like it took a bit of work to get it to scale.

Thanks, the lowboy is a time taking project, this is how it was

03.png

I have a lot of time on my hands so I figure to waste some of it on this thing. It is actually more logical to buy a Norscot tractor/trailer lowboy :rolleyes:

Back