Weekly Photo Fun 10-15/10-21

Ray what is the gap in the roadbed on the siding for? a magnet?

That is actually a piece of Cedar shim stock, cut down to size. It will be covered with the ballast and will not be noticeable when done. It lowers the height of the roadbed down a scale 6" so the siding will be to "standard" to protect the main. Hoping it will gain me a couple points for conformance. Most of the roadbed is HO scale cork. For the siding I used "n" scale cork roadbed. The shim is close to a 2% grade.

Some neat stuff all. Here's an athearn Caboose I was practicing my weathering on:
AthearnCaboose1.jpg

Wow gang, we seem to have a bumper crop of good stuff this week!
Let me toss in my 2 cents!
Here we have a BL2 and its mated slug pulling hoppers from the Co-Op.
bl2andslugresize.JPG

Beautiful stuff guys! An honor to be allowed to display on the same thread.
Here's a further mock up of the Oneida Block I showed off last week (or was it the week before). I've got the mansard roof built but I've got some serious fit issues to work out. I know none of you ever have these issues, do you? I'll get there, it'll just take a while.

That is an awesome looking building. It's funny how many people use that kit for different buildings. I rarely ever see it built as designed. Good work.:)

Great looking scene so far Michael. What did you use for your water? Is that casting resin? :cool:

Thanks Brad. Funny you should ask, I originally used WS Realistic water and I didn't like the results, and it really shrinks alot.

So I got that Magic Water and just poured right over the WS water and it looks alot better now. And absolutely no shrinkage.

The Magic Water is a two part mix with resin and hardener. I definitely would recommend this, even though it's a little more expensive, it's well worth it.

That is an awesome looking building. It's funny how many people use that kit for different buildings. I rarely ever see it built as designed. Good work.:)

Thanks Corey, I've seen one guy use 22 MT Arms kits for one big Wedding cake of a building. It's a great building to make into something larger. I just wish City Classics would sell their building fronts separately. (Actually I'm pretty much out of real estate) :mad:

Nice Genny. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of them in the future. I might run mine in the clubs ops session this weekend. :D

I should label these cars "display only" since i can't run them on my current layout. I'm currently building my Amtrak fleet for my future layout and when i saw these at my LHS today I couldn't pass them up. They're Walthers RTR cars, all plastic with metal wheels for $24.95 each. Not sure how many more will show up since these cars aren't advertised on the Walthers site or in the '11 reference book. Anyway, I'm starting my Superliner fleet off with a Sleeper, Diner, and Coach. Not too shabby if you ask me :D

SuperIPhseIV.jpg

PhseIVCoach.jpg

Back