WEEKEND Photo fun, Sept 01 06

Attended the Rock River Thresheree on Saturday. Added some new HO rolling stock to my collection via the flea market and got some shots of their 2' gauge steam railroad.

09-02-06_New_Aquisitions_1.png

09-02-06_New_Aquisitions_2.png

09-02-06_New_Aquisitions_3.png

09-02-06_New_Aquisitions_4_Chessie4.png

Most of the cars just need a cleanup and replacement of horn-hook couplers with Kadees. The locomotives will need a mechanical overhaul.

The Rock River Cannon Ball #3 is a German-built switcher locomotive modified to resemble a classic 19th century American locomotive:

a4d7f42f.png

ee584218.png

4cfb8101.png

c8b938b8.png

09-02-06Cannonball5.png

09-02-06Cannonball6.png

09-02-06Cannonball7.png

09-02-06Cannonball8.png

09-02-06Cannonball9.png

09-02-06Cannonball10.png

09-02-06Cannonball11.png

This second locomotive looks more like what the Cannon Ball used to look like.

09-02-06HenschelLocomotive1.png

09-02-06HenschelLocomotive2.png

09-02-06HenschelLocomotive3.png

dekruif,Those are exSouthern Ry GP35s riding on Alco trucks.These trucks came from the trade in Alco units.

hyrail5 said:
Thanks guys. I must have had a brain fart and forgot to tell you. *sigh*

After just celebrating my 33rd this week, how about some advice from an "old fart" hisself?:)

Double check that Miss Right's first name isn't Always. 9 Times out of 10 she will be.:D

Have a tape recorder installed in the back of your brain with a never ending tape in it. When you argue, she has the ability to quote word for word something you said 10 months ago. You will not of course, remember this at all. The tape will help you defend yourself against losing ANOTHER argument.;) (Which you will anyway!):p

Never, ever, ever, give her tools, or appliances as birthday/anniversary gifts. No matter how bad YOU need the tools, don't "give" them to her. She may use them on you!:eek: Also never give her ANY kind of sexy lingerie! Unlike a single woman, she will view this as very uncomfortable and degrading!;) Always stick to the simple things, diamonds, emeralds, trips to Cancun, etc. You'll live longer!:D

All joking aside, Brian, Congratulations! And Best Wishes to your Bride!

hyrail5, congrats on tying the knot. Now there are 3 things that every new husband needs to learn to say.

Repeat after me.
1. "I'm sorry!"
2. "It's all my fault."
3. "It'll never happen again."

Keep repeating those three phrases until you have them memorized and ready to use at a moments notice. :D :D :D

I was trying to get these into this coming weekend pics but they got lost in the shuffle . OLDGETTSYK

Back