weekend photo fun Nov 30 to Dec 2

Nice work John , and you'll have to review the Dynamis for us some time. Pro's and con's.
Railphotog as always that's one of the great shots in model railroad history. Love it.

obj50geo46pg1p34.jpg

Wagon Road Creek on the Pacific Coast Air Line Railway

Harold

Well, I plan to get some track laid tomorrow. Or at least roadbed :D

Hopefully I'll post up some pics sunday. Not much to look at on my table yet. Still buying up track!

Love the loco shop, beautiful!

Steve
Nice job on the walls!

Bob
That is an awesome shop scene!

Jim
Looking good with the backdrop!

Mtrpls
Awesome video! Do you have any rolling stock that you have painted for a modern NYC or Rock Island?

Phillip
Cool old time train!

Jeffery
Cool shot around the turn!

Jerry
Looking good!

John
Nice job!

Harold
Nice scene!

Here are some shots of newest acquisitions. They are Bachmann DCC installed Baldwin RF-16 Sharknoses in the Baldwin Demonstrator scheme.

Baldwin_Sharks006a.jpg

Baldwin_Sharks008a.jpg

Baldwin_Sharks012a.jpg

Baldwin_Sharks014a.jpg

They will get a light weathering mainly along the trucks and the bottom of the locos.

Still working on the GP-60 fleet. The back 8 are complete as far as detail parts. The front 8 still need a lot of parts. Off to Raleigh Saturday to hunt down parts!!!

100_1132.jpg

Hey Bob, nice job on that shop, I would though like to ask what is the footprint of it. It looks so big, but I guess its not like it seems.

Dynamis

Nice work John , and you'll have to review the Dynamis for us some time. Pro's and con's.

First impressions,

The joystick has taken a bit of getting used to.
Plugged my main layout feed in rather than my test track and reprogrammed all locos to 03!!! Ooops. So I have had plenty of practice programming adresses.
I am hoping that as the 16 letter description of each loco is stored in the control not the decoder that when the bateries go they dont get lost ?!
( Im assuming they are in the control ???)
Had one run away train because I lost the signal and it didnt regognise the slow down comand or the "oh sh.t" stop comand.
It says it does an e stop if the signal is lost for a period of time need to check the time it may need reducing !!
My layout is a stand in the middle, trains round the outside, had problems getting a good signal every time I turned my back on the base unit. I have now mounted it as high as possible (above the backscene) and it seems much better.
Once I got used to the less is more joystick I quite like it. It is pretty sensitive
Font on the display can be a bit hard to read some letters you have to guess at "y" is the worse.
Cant read the cv values without adding the "pro box" which is extra and not yet released ? But you can write them.
2.5 amps may not be enough for some people (booster available)
Nice touch moving the joystick left / right to scroll through roster
Overall it is a lot of handset for the £85 I paid for it. Feels robust and fits well in your hand. Works well. I think most people who have reviewed it on forums feel it is a mid to high end system for a low end price. It will catch on.

John
RJR

Hey Bob, nice job on that shop, I would though like to ask what is the footprint of it. It looks so big, but I guess its not like it seems.

It is 9-1/2" deep and 6-1/4" wide. Here's the photo setup:

Photohowto-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, Jerome, Harold and Jefferyfantastic work gents

done a bit more today on the module, finished the retaining walls and built an oil tank, not done the tank bund yet, all card scalescenes stuff, i'm getting into card modeling. the buildings are not the ones that will live here, they are just to give you an idea of whats to come

10-08-07116.jpg

10-08-07113.jpg

10-08-07117.jpg

Back