weekend photo fun Nov 30 to Dec 2

installed the switch motors

10-08-07108.jpg

card retaining walls part completed, got to add the walls and roadway on top yet, along with some buildings

10-08-07109.jpg

and the backdrop loosly in place

10-08-07111.jpg

10-08-07110.jpg

Not new modeling here, quite an old enginehouse:

EnginehouseInterior29Nov.jpg

New photo though, testing out a new camera and lens, a Canon Digital Rebel XTi and a Tamron 11-18mm lens. Quite pleased with the combo so far!

Enginehouse is HO scale, 9/12" deep.

That engine house is stunning Bob, seen a similar picture before from you but every time it amazes me how much detail there is

Steve, it looks like you've been doing a lot of wiring and building. That paper retaining wall really looks good. That background looks nice but it will chew up your ink supply.

Bob, I can see why you've gotten published. Great photo, not only technically good, but it also captures the real feeling of a shortline enginehouse. Pretty nice modeling too. :)

This is a small picture of part of the layout with the new backdrop. I painted the darker blue sky and all the extra clouds on the Walthers Instant Horizon background sheets and I think it adds some depth to what would otherwise a pretty blah looking backdrop.

GeneralViewofBackdropMedium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a video on YouTube of my modern NYCS at the Denver trainshow a few weeks ago. The video would be much better if there weren't power surges intermittently slowing the train down. Oh well, I guess you take what you can get!

Click here for Video

Thanks for watching!

Nice walls Steve , Cool Enigine House Bob , Nice backdrop Jim , Nice Video mtrpls , Camera shot looks good Philip , Nice shot of everything lit up Jeffrey !!

Been working on a Downtown Deco kit. Working with cast Hydrocal has been an experience.
First shot is just the outer shell , not complete by any means:
cleaner002.png

Second shot is the interior I'm building for it as it will be lite up.
cleaner001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics so far

Like the video mtrpls

Bob cracking pic inside the shed, you should put pictures like that at the end, the quality puts us all off posting !!!! :D

Here is my week.

Started by buying a 3 car class101 DMU. Made by Hornby. I didnt like the tension lock couplings on the outer ends so they got chopped off and some detailing added instead

Before

S7002556.jpg

After

S7002571.jpg

Here is a video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFbFShJjtU

And to finish the week I got an early Christmas present from Mrs RJR A new Bachmann Dynamis wireless control

S7002575.jpg

John
RJR

Bimey john that Bachmann sets nice, first time i have seen one, nice job on the DMU, cut the couplers off just got to add hoses and three link couplers,,, we got ink now so it's full speed ahead, BTW scalescenes now do a signal box, very nice it is as well.

Not new modeling here, quite an old enginehouse:

EnginehouseInterior29Nov.jpg

Bob,
I've always loved this engine house, since I was a teenager and saw it in MR back in the 80's. I hope I didn't make you feel old just then.;) I even started building a similar one based on the 2 pix I saw in MR. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back