Weekend Photo Fun 9-26

Greg Tell me if i am wrong but have you a picture of the same trestle with a various cars falling to the ground below, if thats one of yours it has stuck in my mind as one of the great shots of all time

Steve,

That photo is mine. I guess it did turn out to be a neat photo even though this was not the shot I intended for. It all happened during a photo shoot for a magazine article I was doing. I brought that section of the layout outside for some natural sunlight shots and the wind blew the train off at just the right (if you will) moment. Everything in the photo was caught in mid air at the right time. Luckily nothing broke.

Though the photo was taken a while ago but I'll post it here since I'm writting about it.

Great Weekend everyone!! Man there is a lot of cool stuff here.

Fresh out of the paint shops, The Splendid Spirit gets ready for the tour. The car made occasional trips with the Freedom Train. It survives and is repainted and re-named to Independence.

JF_SS_1.png

JF_SS_2.png

Have a great week....

Johnny

Wonderful weekend here as usual. You folks are my inspiration.

All I've been doing is installing a torti and cutting and working on the last of the fascia panels. here are some quick shots of the new fascia:

NewFascia01.png

NewFascia02.png

NewFascia03.png

This panel has not been cut for the contour of the land yet, I have just marked it. This will be a cut on the mainline. A good way to prevent rolling stock from leaving the miniature world if it derails....

NewFascia04.png

Please pardon the mess, it is under construction..:eek:;):D

Thank you for the comments guys! I've been looking around the boards here and I'm seeing some good modeling here. Keep up the good work!

Here's another shot of the trestle from the eastbound lane of I-90.

I agree with Josh

AWESOME shot. It looks like it goes on forever.

Just getting started on restarting a layout I took down about 25 years ago, so I don't have much to show yet.

I hope over the next few weeks and months that I will have some good photos to show you here.

A few weeks ago I picked up a bargain at a local model railroad show. One vendor had a Bachmann EZ-Trak turnout for $5. I thought that was a bargain, even if it only could be used for parts so I bought it.

When I got home, and connected it, I found that it switched in ond direction only, the other direction did not work.

Today I took it apart and found that a wire had broken off of the circuit board, so I soldered it back on and tested. It worked like a charm.

Then I had to put the connector back on because the previous owner had clipped it off and connected it with bare wires. A few snips in the right places, a little solder and some heat shrink tubing and I found that I had saved over $20 in the bargain. I am never opposed to saving money.

Here are a couple of pictures from my cell phone. I will use my Canon xti for other pictures later.

resume Thai boxcar

:mad:I though there was some suspicious activity on the rail near my home last week. On weekend I kept on produce roofs for my Thai boxcars urgently, here're the roofs. Next step is to develop the prototype door, not easy for me!:eek:

Hi friends:

Today, I had the chance to stop, afther 17 years, in a small town called Llanta, where my family used to live 30 years ago.

Sun, dust, empty streets, memorys and trains, old trains.

dont know why, or how, but when we stop, at car radio Mr John Denver sings "country Road Take me home"...

This was my house... an ol' three, the same where I used to play trying to avoid sun when I was 2 years old.

From the garden... the neighbourhood changes forever, but I still can feel kids playing, and old mine workers chating afther work.

Oxid, rust and dust make look beuty this aged warriors, they show proud in brown color all the effort they have made for this country.

WOW!
Mike give me a drink of water. Those pictures look dry as hell. Has that place change in the last century?

WOW!
Mike give me a drink of water. Those pictures look dry as hell. Has that place change in the last century?

In the last 10 years, the company that owns the town (chilean corporation of coper) destroy some of the houses, stop irrigate streets... so as you can see, dry as hell the las 10 years, and dry as the Atacama desert always.

Regards

Been too busy chasing my stocks around the market today to comment on everyone's contricutions be they are all excellent. Mike, It's always interesting to see how much those old copper towns look like ghost towns in the Nevada desert. Not many trees out there either. :)

Here's a sneak peek at the sign for the air conditioner company at the back of my layout. Their building looks just like a giant window unit. Wouldn't be the first time a company made their building look like their product.

P1010106-1.jpg

Here's a sneak peek at the sign for the air conditioner company at the back of my layout. Their building looks just like a giant window unit. Wouldn't be the first time a company made their building look like their product.

Ok, now THAT's outstanding and funny thinking!

Went to the LHS today and picked up three items.

This set of trackside buildings: Model Power #643
P1010131.jpg

And two packs of Kadee Whisker couplers:
P1010133.jpg

A pack of crossing gates and railroad crossing signals (non-op): Bachmann #42200
P1010132.jpg

Then I hit Hobby Lobby for these two items.

A Western Pacific flatcar from the Bachmann Silver Series and a 1969 Olds 442 from Model Power's Exclusive Collection.
P1010127-1.jpg

P1010125-1.jpg

Back