Weekend Photo Fun 9-26

And on the return empty working
3302527-09-2008.jpg

With 5690 in tow after a hard days work, not the best picture in the world
pics024.jpg

Very nice trees as usual, Jos. I wish I had your skill and patience for those.

Greg, welcome aboard! I had to spend several minutes studying your picture before I saw the N scale tag at the bottom. I thought it was an actual picture of the MR at Rainbow trestle. Outstanding work.

Keeping the Milwaukee alive in WA state!

Extra 25 East at Renslow WA
jeees! that IS Nscale?:eek:
.............................................silence
wonderful picture!

and thanks Jim!
Steve B : very nice pics + the scenery near the tracks! =))
but what are the "black boxes" on the fields???( don't say they belonged to some airplanes...! ;-) )

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Jos No not aircraft debris, they are nothing more simple than hay, it is wrapped up when cut by a fancy machine to create silage for winter food for cattle (500 kilo bales). got to say i love the silver birch tree, that's my favorite :)

Mrs RJR has been organising a course at her Hospital all day today so I got a whole afternoon in the shed..

First of a scratch built tunnel mouth loosely based on Parsons tunnel (Dawlish)

portalandwall.jpg

portalandwall3.jpg

Then the balsa formers for the sea wall

portalandwall1.jpg

portalandwall2.jpg

John
RJR

Jos, I liked how you left some of the branches "dead". Got me to looking at trees around here (lots of them) and they ALL have some dead branches, some more than others.

Say, fellas, I have enjoyed all your images. Thanks for posting them!

Here, a bad day for the White Pass and Yukon. Not only that, but they had to get recovery help from the CPR.
crandells-crash-2-tiffwater.png

Hi Crandell: You're really becoming quite the photographer, eh! It's a good thing you recently acquired that big hook. That was pretty good timing. Great set up and great shot.

Yup, cool set-up photo. On a technical note (or question really) What would be the load limit of the bridge with the big hook, the engine moving the big hook and then lifting the wrecked loco?? Not to mention horizontal stabilization!

Ok, You know I'm just jealous Selector cause I ain't got nutt'en to photo let alone run :(

I did finish moving all my boxes and bins out of storage and the garage today and into the train room! Woot!!! Now I just have to get the rest of everything moved from CA, which should be sometime in the next month.

Thank you for the comments guys! I've been looking around the boards here and I'm seeing some good modeling here. Keep up the good work!

Here's another shot of the trestle from the eastbound lane of I-90.

Yes, fellas, this one requires you to suspend disbelief. :D It was an experiment, but one in which, no matter what, I ain't dustin' a good loco. I ran the IHC for a couple of years, but the valve gear finally gave out. I needed the decoder for another engine, so it is now relegated to stand-in duty, as it is here. The CP logo is all wrong for the era, the trestle would not be used for the work, all sorts of things odd about the composition. But I wanted to use it as a learning context to learn how to use my camera, to stage complex scenes, to pay attention to details (I had to ignore the glaring inconsistencies). It was fun.

DJ, thank-you for complimenting me on my photography. I owe a great deal to Jarrell, but also to you and others who have been shining flashlights in front of my darkened feet. (Jarrell would laugh if I had said he was shining a flashlight on my darkened feat...because his major lesson has been to manage the incidence of light on the CCD, and his goad was in my dismal photography. :rolleyes:)

-Crandell

Crandell Spot on,,, love that shot.
Greg Tell me if i am wrong but have you a picture of the same trestle with a various cars falling to the ground below, if thats one of yours it has stuck in my mind as one of the great shots of all time

Back