Weekend Photo Fun 9-12/9-15

A 50' covered hopper that suffered a twisted frame in a derailment is on it's way to the scrap line.

P1010201.jpg

It's a P2K kit car that I left sitting in a window too long on a hot day. The part that isn't warped was in partial shadow. The centerbeam is also warped. I pulled it out of the junk box just for this scene.

That's not good. Mine came from a dishonest ebayer who claimed "new, mint in box" when reality was "neighborhood kids kicked it up and down the street all day before I shipped it to you." At least I got a full refund.

I did more work on the Mantua flatcars today and they look a lot less toy-like. The 1st photo shows how they looked when I got them. The 2nd photo is how they looked after I cut the tops down and leveled them with wallboard joint compound and the 3rd photo is haow they look now. I still have to make the scribed paper decks for them. The decks will be painted a dark wood color and will be weathered appropriately.

P1010168.jpg

P1010204.jpg

P1010207.jpg

More later.

RXR crossing

Jeff
Good work,I do allmost the same thing,except I us and old set of trucks to get the track groves in my crossing.
JIM:)

Back