Weekend Photo Fun 27, 28, 29

hey mtrpls, do you still need woodchip hoppers? The shop I was at had boxes of the walthers gold line woodchip hoppers in single and double packs.

While I was there I also happen to pick up a LBF car. It was the only, the only one they've ordered for someone. Well he never picked it, so i did. Its the LBF Lockheed Martin/SP flatcar with skybox hood. I thought it was such an interesting car i had to buy it even though I said to myself, NO TRAINS!!! Picked up some kadee 118 shelfs too for the walthes 16000 gallen tank cars i got off of a yahoo group along with 2 86' autoparts box cars (THEY ARE HUGE!!)

Due to spending the week suffering form tortocolis (neck spasms) Ive not done any modelling, but yesterday I wandered down to the shed with the intention of getting a bit more of the portable layout done. Well you know what its like I spent an hour "testing" locos :D

Ended uo with 50 + pics of Springhead Junction and an afternoon trip on a DMU.

Here we ar sat in the station waiting for some pasing freight to clear

left2.jpg

Then off out into heading for the country.

right.jpg

Crossing the viaduct is always a favourite of mine

ends.jpg

I like the views

ends3.jpg

After I just caught the DMU leaving the station

left9.jpg

Then watched some more freight

left3.jpg

Even got to have a look in the "shed"

left8.jpg

I enjoyed my trip out even if I never left an 8' x 6' garden shed :D Model railways aren't they just great !!! :D :D :D

John
RJR

bob on John, thats what it's all about.

got a right old dog of a VW van from a boot sale, it's a Corgi 1/55 scale model from the mid 1960's in die cast metal,
here she's having a strip and clean
35PR73QH001.jpg

and a quick cote of paint later
35PR73QH003.jpg

And,,, Some say i have deserted trains for tanks Well just to prove the doubters wrong here is 0-6-0 saddle tank "Wimbelbury" shunting the mail train,,, as Panzer division make an attack ,,, AGHHHHHH
35PR73QH005.jpg

Hey guys I stumbled into this while surfing the web...check out his guys work...

http://cps3751.googlepages.com/home
Jim built an SD9-3 & GP9u for me 3 years ago. He's a great guy. Funny that he keeps popping up unexpectedly. About a week ago, a friend of mine emailed me Jim's site (the one you linked) and suggested I ask him how much it would be to do a BNSF unit for me. Its kind of odd when someone points out someone you've known for years, and used in the past.

I've since sold the SD9-3 as I wasn't 100% satisfied by it, and with BNSF selling them off, I no longer have much of a use for them. Another resident BNSF "expert", and HO man, Eddie, bought it from me. If I could only figure out his site link again...

View attachment 10030 View attachment 10031

I will never use the Sergent couplers. Although they may look more realistic, my main problem with them is the fact that they are not operational with other brands of knuckle couplers. A major issue for me is being able to have my equipment run in other people's trains, and vice versa. Since I have a system of virtual interchange in place, where I frequently send my rolling stock to distant layouts, you can see why this is important.
[...]
for rock-solid performance and interchangeability with everyone else's rolling stock.
True. I wasn't suggesting to switch, by no means, I just wish they'd visually look as good as CrapHenry's shelf, with less flash behind the shelf. In any case, they look much better on there then the non-shelf type.

I myself will stick to the Sergents, however I'll have to provide "idle cars" as I know it is going to pose a problem eventually, with interchange...

Hey guys what your opinion on E&C Shops product line? Do these come with metal wheelsets? Couplers are not a concern because I would change them to Kadees.

Something else I've always wanted to do, a military train. These are the first of about 25 vehicles I have so far. Getting very hard to find the Roco military vehicles anymore.

100_2401.jpg

100_2402.jpg

100_2403.jpg

100_2404.jpg

Steve, That VW looks like the Mystery Mobile from Scooby Doo after a ghost got it's hands on it.:D

Josh, those engines are looking really nice.

Here's some work I did Friday night at the MRR club.
282f67ff.jpg

I started to scenic the area around the overpass I've been working on.
cdd86390.jpg

bed0e6ee.jpg

07ae349f.jpg

One of the guys tossed a piece of 1/4" tubing at my and jokingly said to use it as a pipe running along the wall. But that got me thinking and I ended up cutting it into some 1/4" long pieces and glued them to the base of the wall. they look like drains coming out from the wall to relieve the hydro static pressure behind it.

It's coming along slowly. I only go to the club ever other week.

Hey guys what your opinion on E&C Shops product line? Do these come with metal wheelsets? Couplers are not a concern because I would change them to Kadees.
I like E&C cars, they're just older versions of LBF cars (now Hubert's).

Jerome, I have a supplier here in the San Diego area, I've gotten a few M1A1's from him, and some LAV25's too. I can PM you his eBay link if interested.

Dave, nice work on that F unit conversion. Is that a drop step on the front of the unit? Never seen that before. :) Nice job with those stripes too

Thanks! Yep, she'll see lots of freight service on Guilford, so the guys running around the locomotives trying to keep them runnng need a safe passage across the couplers :)

f7-latest-1.jpg

been busy...

Ok, Photo's are here. Featured is Coffeeville, PA. A Dixie Road train is running through to Pittsburgh, PA from Mobile, AL. It is assisted by 2 Suffolk and Carolina units. A V&AL special from the Port of Philidelphia is almost to it's destination. It is haulign a French-built electric locomotive to the shops for Americanization. While considered a sucess, it will turn otu to be not cost-effective, and will become the only French built unit on the rosters.

DSC04651.jpg

DSC04652.jpg

DSC04653.jpg

DSC04656.jpg

Here are a few shots of the satalite shops at Coffeeville. E-60's, GG-1's and Little Joes rub couplers with FP-45's and F-7's waitign for their next assignment or for space on the shop floors. A PACE unit takes a ride on the transfer table, assisted by the shop's unique trackmobile. (yes the transfer table will be scratchbuild at a later date, the static display stand is a stand-in)

DSC04658.jpg

DSC04659.jpg

Geez, I'm in too late to be able to comment on everyone's pics. Nice stuff everyone. I wish I had time to get down the layout to take some photos but no such luck. :(

Back