Weekend photo fun 24/25/26

Stellar images.....AGAIN!! You folks are amazing. :D

IMG_0594c.jpg

-Crandell

Fantastic pictures gents, no modeling from me this week but got these shot's rattled off on holiday / vacation

First great western HST at Margam South Wales, they pass here at 100+ mph
10-08-07131.jpg

at a more sedate speed is class 60 starting out from the depot with a load of steel bolster wagons, acces to the depot is impossible due to security measures
10-08-07119.jpg

one for you steel mill modelers, Port Talbot Corus steel mill, taken from an HST at 100 mph, not a bad picture considering.
10-08-07101.jpg

EMD 66 with a load of bolster wagons
10-08-07077.jpg

another rather derelict coal wagon at Blaenavon pit
10-08-07055.jpg

and a HST at rest, 30 years old now and still very reliable, and still capable of 125mph
10-08-07008.jpg

Jeff you should win an award for most active Weekend Photo Fun participant. Your pictures are always fun to look at and they seem to be never ending. :)
I just like showing off my work. Most of my locos are repaints that I did myself, down to making the decals for them.

041.jpg

Some of your repaint are pretty nice looking.The last picture almost looks like theres snow on the ground. Nice Work Everyone :)

That derelict coal wagon appears to be the prototype for the Bachmann coal wagons that come with Percy. Minus faces of course.

Well now.Let me see what I can come up with. Haven't done a lot of modeling,so for now some prototype photos.

RJR Holiday

Great pics everyone, Steve B your not the only one that has been in Wales, we have spent the week in Tenby. I thought that I would see no trains and miss my Garden railway during this good weather. Then when i opened the curtains of our caravan bedroom I got this view....

trains2.jpg

1:1 scale Garden railway, one train every 30 mins (day and night !)

The line is between Pembroke and Tenby

Crossing over the bridge from the site to the beach. To Pembroke

trains.jpg

To Tenby

trains1.jpg

Same traffic all week then when I didnt have my camera I missed the only HST of the week !!!

Been home today no modelling but a bit of running..

A pair of 37s sit waiting duties
S7001827.jpg

Whilst away Mrs RJR suggested I got a shed to put the railways in (she wants the conservatory back) So Im sat trying to decide if its a good idea, a 8'*6' area all to myself instead of 8' by 8" but outside in the garden.. Any thoughts ?

John
RJR

Crandell
Great sweeping shot!

Steve B
Great set of proto shots!

Jeffery
Nice looking Conrail unit!

L&N Castle
Nice proto loco shots!

Jeffery
Good job on the hopper!

John
Great proto stuff and great looking model locos!

Jeffery
Nice Bus!

Here is the other group of tank cars I finished weathering:

TankCars_006a.jpg

Atlas GP-40 – B&O

TankCars_007a.jpg

Atlas 23,500 Gallon Tank Car – E. R. Carpenter

TankCars_008a.jpg

Atlas 23,500 Gallon Tank Car – Citgo Petroleum

TankCars_009a.jpg

Atlas 23,500 Gallon Tank Car – Mobile

TankCars_010a.jpg

Atlas 23,500 Gallon Tank Car – Citgo Petroleum

TankCars_011a.jpg

A friend’s caboose – Hudson Electric

Great Picture of the Bus Jeff Little rusty :p. ~ Glad I can come here to look at your pictures.

Tom ~ Nice Location for pictures, I like the water tower. And nice looking Locomotive.

John ~ Nice Layout, Don't care much for foreign rails but great job none the less :)

My newest UPS completion. The weathering is a tad heavy handed (Chalks). I intended them to spray off some, but not much came off, the Model Masters paint I used held the paint well. Oh well, many more to go!

Today I got to photograph some rolling stock I weathered. The two NYCS gondolas started as Walthers BN cars, but I decaled them for my modern-day New York Central System. The NECR and GMRC boxcars I custom painted and decaled, in addition to weathering...

GMRC 100087:

GMRC100087_2.jpg

GMRC 78228:

GMRC78228_1.jpg

NECR 4164:

NECR4164_1.jpg

NECR 4160:

NECR4160_1.jpg

SVTX 4455 (fictional car):

SVTX4455_1.jpg

CV 3678:

CV3678_1.jpg