Weekend photo fun 24/25/26

fox2.jpg

Looking good how many do you plan on making?
I've got seven 26' Parcel trailers, six 28' parcel containers and 3 chassis, one 40' parcel trailer (with another in the mail), and I plan to add more, including a number of 28' parcel and pup trailers, and 45' trailers. It's a huge railroad thats planned.

mtrpls, some mighty fine rolling stock you've got there!

New layout plans

Well after looking at the vast space you have there Joe Daddy Im not sure I can post this entry !!!!:rolleyes:

Well I have spent the afternoon looking at what I could fit into an 8' by 6' shed, this is what I have come up with so far, incorporating the existing TMD.

The layout would be on 3 levels (one hidden) Entrance on the left with the track on a lift out.

Existing TMD layout

ShedplanTMDExisting.jpg

The existing section is set +3" higher than the main level and the track is modified by adding a point on the front line to drop down a gradient to the opposite side of the shed

Main level shown minus TMD level for clarity

Shedplanmainlevel.jpg

Under the gradient dropping from the TMD a second gradient copies the fall and drops from the main to a 3 track traverser at -3"below the other side of the main level.
(shown with no sleepers to highlight)

Lower level

Again shown with no ties
The traverser woud be made using a set of keyboard shelf brackets to allow it to slide in and all the way out to allow stock to be loaded. position would be via brass slide bolts. a single bolt into 3 keepers would provide position and electrical contact to one dead rail, preventing loco movement on the non aligned tracks.

Shepplanlowerlevel.jpg

All levels shown together

overview-1.jpg

3D rendering

3Dshedplan.jpg

There is a lot of track in a small space and the gradients are steep (3 inches over about 9 feet (1/36) But i would only be running short trains. and the gradient up to the TMD the locos would be running light.

The plan would be to use tunnels in the two corners (top right bottom right as drawn) to discuise the multilple levels with either the TMD or main line being on a viaduct between the tunnels.

Having been and priced sheds the first task will probably to construct my own as I reckon I could make it cheaper and stronger myself.

All thoughs and ideas welcome.

John
RJR

Keep em coming gents,
John wished i'd known you were also down in deepest wales, we could have met half way, some would complain about trains so close,,, me, i'd want to swap with the one a bit nearer

John, I say go for it! It'll be a month before we can see some awesome shots on that baby!

Josh,

Thats the thing that puts me off if Im honest, a full month !! of building work and joinery before I can get to railways,its a bit too much like the day job!!! Im not very patient, if the shed was there Id be in like a shot !:D Mind you If I get a sunny Saturday I could have it built next weekend, and If I pull my finger out on the Kitchen Im fitting this week I could start on Friday:rolleyes: :D

John
RJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after looking at the vast space you have there Joe Daddy Im not sure I can post this entry !!!!:rolleyes:

Having been and priced sheds the first task will probably to construct my own as I reckon I could make it cheaper and stronger myself.

All thoughs and ideas welcome.

John
RJR

A man can only admire the determination of a fellow who will let nothing, even a lack of space deter his need for a model railroad. A Tip of the Hat to you, my good sir!

Keep us posted.

Joe

I've been doing a bit of layout work today. Remember all the exposed plaster where the crossovers are?

e7yard.jpg

I put some glue mix down and sprinkled liberally with WS green blended turf.

interchange1.jpg

After it's dried I'll clean up the excess and work on putting some ballast in.

No pictures as of yet. Just news I ordered a BNSF Whiteface SD40-2 by BLI w/ sound for the cheapest price for a QS equipped loco you have ever heard. 169.95!!! I should have it paid for before the Trainfest 07 Fall show. I will have other pictures tonight as i am finally going to the railroad club.

Back