Weekend Photo Fun 12-5/12-8

Jeffrey, looks like an excellent car to get a ticket even while you're parked. The one Ferrari I've tried to stop in my career was at about 3 am on a deserted freeway in the north part of our county. He was doing 90 in a 65. As soon as I hit the overheads, he took off. I was driving one of the older Caprice patrol cars, which was one of the fastest cars we had. I got up to about 120 mph and he was pulling away. We got the helicopter up, which had a top speed of 135. The Ferrari was able to outrun the helicopter. The pilot estimated he was doing 160 when he lost him. :eek:
Nice! San Diego just got a new chopper recently that can higher, so it does not even need to chase you...

Josh, we were flying a Hughes 500 at the time. We were lucky to keep it straight and level. That thing lost power in flight three times before we finally returned it to Hughes because no one would fly in it again. I think it's still in pieces in a hanger in Fresno. The company never could figure out the fuel supply problem. San Diego S.O. just got a really high-tech Bell 407 that makes our old bird look pretty pathetic. I don't think that Ferarri could get away from a 407.

Jeffrey, that guy was doing 160 when he was on a winding road off the freeway. :eek: I have no idea what his top speed was on the straight and level but all I could see was one very tiny set of taillights before I teminated the pursuit.

We had a guy some years ago that was running drugs down some back roads in a flat black lambo.. drove totally blacked out, using night vision goggles - took the State Police awhile to catch him thou, cause he kept doing the same thing - Theyd hit the lights, hed run off and leave em, but...the problem with backroads in ky...there is only so many places you can go...was stopped by a roadblock

Some work I did today:

P1010579.jpg

P1010586.jpg

Great pictures everyone. The transfer of Eric's Rock Island SW1500 is complete, it made it to it's new home at the Aurora & Portland.

100_3195.jpg

And finally finished up my UP SW1500 switcher. Note the cable holders and smoke stacks.

100_3194.jpg

100_3191.jpg

Great looking switchers. Every time I see one I want one for my layout. Maybe in time. I don't even have a single track laid down.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:Where is UPY1040 off too?;):D

Alcomotive, #1040's next move is off to Mark for lights, ditch lights and get DCC installed.

Great looking switchers. Every time I see one I want one for my layout. Maybe in time. I don't even have a single track laid down.

sparkyftw, I don't have a layout either, I have a 9' test track is all. So that is no excuse!!! LOL ;)

Alcomotive, #1040's next move is off to Mark for lights, ditch lights and get DCC installed.

Great looking switchers. Every time I see one I want one for my layout. Maybe in time. I don't even have a single track laid down.

sparkyftw, I don't have a layout either, I have a 9' test track is all. So that is no excuse!!! LOL ;)

When Mark gets it shopped out is she going for sale, lease or for your MRR?:rolleyes:

Jerome PM me with what else you need from me for my SP locos request....If you need a deposit etc let me know or whatever....

great looking pictures everyone.

Jerome Wonderful looking switchers. And especially the UP sw1500.

I'm trying to get a kit of one of those so I can make a replica if this one thats near me.
2497518087_934a2a67cc.jpg

Mike, This picture shows all 3 of the Athearn engines that you can use as a starting point for your #1102.

100_3197.jpg

#1102 is an ex-SP SW1500 that has the number boards above the cab. Here's a picture showing #1100 in a front view.

61551159160400.jpg

Athearn does make 1 UP switcher out of an SP shell, #1183, but it has "We Will Deliver" in black lettering under Union Pacific. So if you can find that one you'd have to remove the lettering, or start with the SP shell and strip it, or just start with the undec. shell for your project.

Back