Weekend Photo Fun 12-5/12-8

Ray, you are much too neat for my tastes. :)

Jim you are the first person to ever accuse me being "much too neat"......:rolleyes:;) There will be a plexiglass strip mounted on the front edge and Sturdy bumpers on each end of it. I too don't want any of my steamers doing the high dive! I also have heard horror stories of shorts on program tracks from accidentally running a locomotive into the block when the block was set to program. There are other ways to guard against that but this solution will put it right next to the computer as well.......

I spent the day at the annual RIT train Tracks meet. Great bunch of students in the club. One of them greeted me at the door, acquired a cart and helped me get my materials to our table. They have a world class layout and freemo layout at the club. More here: http://www.ritmrc.org/

This is what I did most of the day:

RIT_08Ray1w.png

Assembled an Accurail boxcar and decaled it and an old Overton coach that will become a "temporary" Freight House on the SLOW.

Decaling1w-1.png

My partner in Crime for the day Ned (MMR):

RIT_08Ned2w.png

Our display:

RIT_08Ned1w.png

And a couple of the entire show in the Field House at RIT (not a huge show but very well attended). Look for the Red Tablecloth.......:

Overview1w.png

Overview2w.png

Alco, nice haul, too bad you and Jerome were bidding against each other. Perhaps the CRAP program will foster more cooperation...before I have to send Chris over there. :)

Josh, thanks for that review. I've been considering getting that book but was put off by the cover showing nothing but rust buckets. I'm assuming he shows some more lightly weathered cars in the book. I'm surprised that he doesn't use chalks. There are some situation where chalks are the only thing that work for me.

Jeffrey, nice decal job for a guy who's half blind. :D

Rico, those things are called structural concrete panels in real life. Nice use of those leftover sidewalks. I've got some of those too and you just gave me a good idea for a retaining wall.

Ray, how about your work looks too neat then? :p Looks like a great show. I sure wish we'd have something like that down here one of these days.

Tom, those freight motors are beauties. O scale seems to be the perfect size for a traction layout.

MD, that ice house is spectacular. I live how you have to one block coming out of the conveyor and the melted water effect on the deck. Little details like that really stand out on good models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been busy!!
More to come this afternoon...

Loading the railroad into the truck provided by a local catering company:
DSC05177.jpg

Locked and Loaded!
DSC05179.jpg

The workers:
DSC05180.jpg

The guy behind the camera in the above photo (also the truck driver... me!)
DSC05181.jpg

All setup:
DSC05182.jpg

The Texas And Gulf Coast Railroad's Christmas Special meets a Suffolk and Carolina freight on one of our 2 new modules. 2 weeks ago, this entire scene would not have been possable, the module was still being varnished and painted, the GP-40 was in pieces in the pain shed, the generator car had not been cut open, and the 4-6-2 was not purchased.
DSC05192.jpg

The GP-40 still needs it's blue stripe, and all equipment needs lettering, but here's a closeup:
DSC05195.jpg

Also running was a A-B-A set of Pensy F-7's lettered for a member who passed away last year. Bruce Seaberg Started working for the PRR and retired from Conrail after more than 20 years of sevice. His career included hogging F-7's. He is left a big hole in our club and in our hearts.
DSC05194.jpg

Wow, a great photo essay above! Thanks for the visual story. Nice layout, great crew!

-Crandell

Alco, nice haul, too bad you and Jerome were bidding against each other. Perhaps the CRAP program will foster more cooperation...before I have to send Chris over there. :)

The PST has been board lately! They have around the coffee do not's to long and could us the work out;)

Did you plan that that layout to fit so neatly in that truck? :) Looks like a great team effort to get everything up and running. I'm sure Bruce must be proud of you all.

Did you plan that that layout to fit so neatly in that truck? :) Looks like a great team effort to get everything up and running. I'm sure Bruce must be proud of you all.

nope, it just happened that way... With the 2 new modules, to make everything fit, we put the old 4' straight modules underneath the new 6' modules. works good. Now if only we could get a boxcar door for our temporary home, we wouldnt need to remove the legs to get the corner modules in and out...

stay tuned for breakdown tomorrow!!

Steve, it looks as frosty as Alabama has been the past few mornings. Nice lighting and composition.

V&AL, that was more than a bit of luck to have everything fit so nicely in the truck. Looks like you could make it without even scratching the varnish. A boxcar door would be a nice addition to any mobile home.

I'd rather have the GT to the right of it..

Great shots everybody - maybe next weekend I'll have my camera back and can contribute

Jeffrey, looks like an excellent car to get a ticket even while you're parked. The one Ferrari I've tried to stop in my career was at about 3 am on a deserted freeway in the north part of our county. He was doing 90 in a 65. As soon as I hit the overheads, he took off. I was driving one of the older Caprice patrol cars, which was one of the fastest cars we had. I got up to about 120 mph and he was pulling away. We got the helicopter up, which had a top speed of 135. The Ferrari was able to outrun the helicopter. The pilot estimated he was doing 160 when he lost him. :eek:

Back