Weekend Photo Fun 12/21/07 to .........

Alco, those are some nice pictures...what little my old eyes can see of them. :) Any chance you can post a little bigger versions next time?,

Ken, I'm always amazd at both your modeling skills and knowledge of the steel business. That shot withut all the lighting is actually the most atmospheric...and spooky. :)

Crandell, nice looking Pennsy models. That NYC steamer looks pretty good too, as does the scenery.

John, that track looks like it came out really well with the hot glue. How many times did you burn yourself? :D And, actually, no, I wouldn't have noticed that door unless you had pointed it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Picture

ok this is a Ho Model, how you get the picture to photograph so well, let us in on what you use for a cammera and lighting to get such detailed shots. Emil

Happy Christmas to all,
And to All a good night!

HopewellXmasEvew.png

Ray, looks like your little town is going to sleep.

The locals were complaining that there was no loading platform at the team track so Bubba, the P&N Master Mechanic (actually, he's the only mechanic but he likes being called the Master Mechanic) whipped out his chain saw and sawed up some surplus ties and bolted one together. His work isn't quite as good as it used to be since that tragic deer hunting accident a few years ago but the platform came out mostly straight. A borrowed forklift is unloading some LCL freight for Henry to haul on over to the dimestore.

TeamTrack.jpg

Once again, Miss Brown's cat, Fluffy, is stuck up in the tree as dusk falls on Christmas Eve. A major traffic jam (for Hillside) is developing and Officer Mike and the firefighters hope they can grab Fluffy before darkkness falls and get home to their families for some eggnog and Christmas cheer.

XmasWreck.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

With any luck, this will be a branch line to a big coal mine some day. The mainline and passing siding will be on the right, this is also scheduled for some day.

Well THAT didn't work out so well, did it? Note to self: You suck at laying track, try harder. :)

If I can get in right after Jeffrey here--

Here are a couple of Conrail pictures which I took a while ago to illustrate the difference between the Athearn and the Kato GP35's. If you can arrange them in sequence in your browser so that you go forward/back between them, the view will "blink" from one loco to the other.

That's Athearn on the left and Kato on the right. No, they aren't identical models. I believe that Conrail inherited GP35's from various railroads, some of which favored dynamic brakes and some didn't. 3635 was ex-Reading and 2370 was Pennsy. Both built in 1964. Gone now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alco need bigger pictures buddy.. those are some great shots and would like to study them a bit closer. Next time.

Jim, I'm glad I'm not driving that forklift on the loading dock! That driver has some skill IMO!! Cool shots and a good story line too

Nekom, We've all been there before - keep trying and thanks for sharing!!

Jeffery, Nice Conrail!!

John P, that is a dynamite lookin layout you got and some awesome lookin motive power!!

Nekom, the track gang will have to get out and do a little work on that line. Like Scott wrote, we've all been there and somehow finally managed to make trains run. :)

Scott, that's Leroy driving that forklift. He can do a 360 with that baby, which is good thing because Bubba ran out of ties a little early. He knew Leroy could hande it though. :D

Jeffrey, nice Conrail unit. Too bad they didn't really use silver trucks - it makes that paint scheme look a lot better.

John, nice comparison between those two units. With some closer to scale handrails and real grabs, that old Athearn unit would still stand up well in comparison to that Kato unit. Nice weathering job to reproduce that typical filthy Conrail look.

Ray, I figured that Santa must have been up there but, with my crummy monitor, all I can see is black sky. I've got to get a better monitor before this one makes me go blind. :(

Okay well heres my Contribution.. I know it aint the weekend no more but what they hey!

I put up track Lighting to help illuminate things.. WOW what a HUGE difference this makes.

Also been doing a bit of weathering on the buildings.. I want a Dark industrial old sooty kinda look.. its a work in progress.

And the last shot is from under the bridge to the Diner. You can see what will be Brown Shoe Factory in the background... Neither of these kits are finished, and im 2 kits short of finishing the bridge..HEY its a state project!

Thanks for lookin!

Oh I'm trying something with the Flat Roof of the Shoe Factory.. Most flat roofs I know are graveled using pea gravel... so i tossed on a bit of ballast and have glued it down. We'll see how it does when it's dry. Heres a before glue shot..

Oh and another of the kits I've gotten together.. Flour Mill.

Back